Echostar 8ft mesh? anyone ever heard of such?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
has anyone heard of echostar putting out an echostar 8ft mesh in 1996? weird i've never heard of them i've heard of unimesh and some other brand but not echostar for that old type

:) has anyone heard of Echostar 8ft mesh? and a president receiver? there is pictures below ill have some of the sat later on

Attachments

• back of other receiver.JPG
    back of other receiver.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 243
  • other receiver.JPG
    other receiver.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 263
I have an Echostar 7 1/2 foot black mesh antenna. It's the one on the far left in my avatar picture. It has an 18 inch actuator and works great.

:

that's cool . im suppose to be checkingon a 10footer. hopefully i can get it from a guy down the road he said he hasnt used it in awhile now hopefully i can take it off he's hands for nothing :)

I know this is a little off subject but I am wondering whatever happened to the idea of making mesh Dish Network dishes? There was a mesh SuperDish shown at Team Summit a few years back. That probably wouldn't be a bad idea for Directv's slimline dish.

:)

this is what the echostar looked like i said i'd post pictures today :)

Attachments

• 1stechostar.JPG
    1stechostar.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 289
The Echostar C-KU mash dishes were made by Channel Master back in the old days and some were made by UNIMASH.

and now for something completely different...

Try, just try to find the black cat in that picture.!
Go ahead, I dare you :rolleyes:

...care to give us a daytime shot?
maybe with a white cat, this time? :cool:

Last edited:
lol

Try, just try to find the black cat in that picture.!
Go ahead, I dare you :rolleyes:

...care to give us a daytime shot?
maybe with a white cat, this time? :cool:

lol yes it was night i dont see a black cat in the picture haha. where is it? yes ill take some day time pictures tomorrow it's not really clear out its rainy and cloudy

what -were- you thinking??

Let me see now....
a) a rainy, cloudy, miserable day shot....or...
b) a night shot of a black dish....
Pick one. ;)

haha

here is the pictures of the echostar i said i would post :) this time no cats...hahaha

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 227
That's a beauty.
Is there a 2nd identical unit on the ground behind it?
You cornering the market on collectable dishes?
...or maybe planing on selling 'em back to the company for their museum? :cool:

Appears to be exactly the same as the dish I rescued the other day. I measure it at 7.5' measuring the actual outer diameter rather than letting the tape measure droop in to follow the shape of the dish.

I had no Idea what brand this one was, but after seeing yours I looked at the center plate and could just make out the faintest evidence of the Echostar name on it.

?

That's a beauty.
Is there a 2nd identical unit on the ground behind it?
You cornering the market on collectable dishes?
...or maybe planing on selling 'em back to the company for their museum? :cool:

Keeping Them For Spares... ;) never know when you might need a part. right?

The thing that really got me to looking to see if it was the same as the one I have here is the hex shaped feed cover. I hadn't seen one before this one, and when I saw the pictures, I started noticing other things like the feed supports attacing the same way, so that is when I gave the center plate a closer inspection for the name on there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.