Echostar files to move E6 to 61.5W

I don't understand all the sqawk about 61.5. I am in Wake Forest, NC and I have always recieved a lousy signal from 61.5. I even had Dish come out to see if they could do something about it. My signal strength was 40 and sometimes dropped to the low 30's. I had constant blocking in the PQ and the sound would drop out pretty consistantly.

Sunday I took 15 minutes and moved my 61.5 single dish (not a 300 but a single!) over to 129 and the PQ and sound quality improvement was immeadiately noticiable not only to me but the wife. She really noticed the sound as it seemed as if I never received DD over any 61.5 HD channels. Also, the signal strength is steady at 58.

Right now I view the EA as being handicapped with 61.5 and being more of a hassel then it is worth. Unless something happens to 129 I don't think I will ever go to EA. My suggestion is that if your locals are on 129 move on over and don't look back.

Right now I view the EA as being handicapped with 61.5 and being more of a hassel then it is worth. Unless something happens to 129 I don't think I will ever go to EA. My suggestion is that if your locals are on 129 move on over and don't look back.

There lies the problem! Locals are on 61.5 for HD and 110 for SD in Vermont. And OTA is a nightmare in this state for a lot of people.

is the same here in Miami Florida Locals are on 61.5 for HD and 110 for SD , Dish need to do something about the HD problems we are allot costumers affected will see .......

I am still trying to gather evidence and make the right decision here. I am told EA works very poorly here in VT and 129 is really low (like 15.6 degrees can that be right?) Thats why I was asking about using a 500plus for the WA in my post 119 in this thread. There is a link to an avs forum there where a Dish Net rep has done several installs with good results. I do have an inclinometer I guess I better see if I can get 129 before I do anything. Thanks

I'm in NC, used to have 61.5 on a D300, switched over to an EA dish last year, and have never had a signal strength problem.

My problem with 61.5 goes to the quality of the HD product off of that satellite. PQ has macroblocking and the sound drops out way too much for my liking. Also, and someone has to explain this to me, I would swear that the sound coming off 129 for the HD channels is definately better then what I have been able to receive from the same channels off 61.5. There just seems to be too many problems with 61.5 right now. Maybe after they put up a new sat (not move over an old one) will I go back and check out the EA. Right now I am very satisfied with my WA setup 110,119, and 129.

is the same here in Miami Florida Locals are on 61.5 for HD and 110 for SD , Dish need to do something about the HD problems we are allot costumers affected will see .......

Are you sure that the locals for sd are not on 61.5 too? My home town Beaumont,Tx is on both 129, 61.5 and in sd off of 110 too. So I can receive all of them from either western or eastern arc. Also Houston,Tx (which I "moved" to get) are all available in sd and hd off of 61.5 or 110. Maybe your locals are also available off of 61.5 , especially if you are eastern arc.

Okay I checked Miami off of the eastern arc look up tool and it says western arc. If fact Miami is off of 110 sat . I just looked it up. So you don't need 61.5 at all unless you just want to add it as a side sat dish for western arc 1000.2 sat dish.

You can say that again I live in Grafton County NH and have to take the Burlington Locals. I won't spend $$$ on a OTA system due that if I'm lucky I'd get maybe 2 or 3 channels. Now if they would only give us back WMUR as a "significally viewed channel" I'd be happy.

There lies the problem! Locals are on 61.5 for HD and 110 for SD in Vermont. And OTA is a nightmare in this state for a lot of people.

I can't wait for the posts where people start saying...woooahhhh Charlie, hit the brakes, you passed it up! ;)
LOL! Those are better than the ones saying it's falling out of the sky and about to crash! ;)

So, do we all agree it's on the move?

Yes, it's moving. Based on yesterday's TLE Echostar 6 is now at 70.14° West and is moving East at .463° per day. Based on that info, it should arrive at 61.5° West in about 18 days or around March 9th.

It was moving a little bit, but's its not anymore. It's at 70.74 now.

That website isn't really real time. It's real time calculations based on the last update of the satellite's position. Basically off of the current location it knows how fast it is moving so it figures out the location based on the last known location of the satellite.

You'll always see the satellite pass up the location by a few degrees since the website does not know the satellite stopped. Then when the update comes through you'll see the satellite jump back to the desired location with no forward movement.

So don't get all hung up on that website...it just gives you a guesstimate of where it is located.

It also should be noted that the reported speed is probably not accurate. The E-6 satellite is probably still accelerating since it has its move only started a few days ago at most so the reported speed is probably low. Expect E-6 to be at the 61.5 W slot by March 1 with FCC approval to start downlinking signals. It will be interesting what programming Dish puts on E-6, will it be the latest HD or other programming. What Dish will have is 5 more TPs to use from 61.5 W since E-6 can provide downlinks from these 5 TPs that E-3/E-12 can not. Dish might be able to use more of the spotbeam TPs on E-12 to provide more locals and perhaps a few fulltime RSNs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)