Echostar issues statement regarding Tivo

Having reviewed superman's two posts, my advice is i before e except after c.;)

SaltiDawg said:
Do you think he is a disgruntled ex VP or a disgruntled ex Janitor? If a CSR or a Tech, for example, do you value his.her opinion as to the Patent dispute> Gimme a break. lol :rolleyes:
What on earth are you talking about?

And yes, whether a VP, janitor, CSR or Tech, I DO value their opinion - heck, I even value your opinion :) .

"Value" doesn't automatically equal "agree" by the way. It just means that the information presented (good, bad, true, false....) "fits" somewhere with other information that eventually leads to arriving at a reasonable idea of the truth.

Granted - superman may offer nothing relative to the patent dispute or the price of tea in China but his opinions, along with others may reveal insights into the type of company Dish is and to me, that has value.

waltinvt said:
Granted - superman may offer nothing relative to the patent dispute or the price of tea in China but his opinions, along with others may reveal insights into the type of company Dish is and to me, that has value.

And that's why it's illegal to divulge company internal information outside of the company.

I'm speaking in general terms here. It's illegal to do that to any company.

ChetK said:
And that's why it's illegal to divulge company internal information outside of the company.

I'm speaking in general terms here. It's illegal to do that to any company.

Since when is it illegal? Even if someone signs a non-disclosure contract (and a lot depends how it's written up), I think it's ultimitly a civil suit matter.

waltinvt said:
Since when is it illegal? Even if someone signs a non-disclosure contract (and a lot depends how it's written up), I think it's ultimitly a civil suit matter.

Correct.

Reminded me of the last time I had to sign one of those things. The company even included a provision that said an employee couldn't work for another business without their permission. I scanned the page, made several changes to the language, and turned it in, never heard a word. Several years later my position was eliminated due to reorganization, during the exit interview the HR person made a big point of reminding me of the agreement I had signed, she gave me a copy from my file and lo and behold, there was my modified confidentiality agreement, they never caught the changes I made, pretty funny.....:D

NightRyder

Last edited:
NightRyder said:
Correct.

Reminded me of the last time I had to sign one of those things. The company even included a provision that said an employee couldn't work for another business without their permission. I scanned the page, made several changes to the language, and turned it in, never heard a word. Several years later my position was eliminated due to reorganization, during the exit interview the HR person made a big point of reminding me of the agreement I had signed, she gave me a copy from my file and lo and behold, there was my modified confidentiality agreement, they never caught the changes I made, pretty funny.....:D

NightRyder

Way to go - I love it! :D

I believe those changes would have to be initialled by both parties to be effective.

Probably moot. If they put you on the street, they could hardly object to your working elsewhere. There are limits to non-competes.

navychop said:
I believe those changes would have to be initialled by both parties to be effective.

Probably moot. If they put you on the street, they could hardly object to your working elsewhere. There are limits to non-competes.

Yes! you are correct that both parties must sign any changes of the original; unless it states that no changes are allowed even if attempted, then anything written as an add-on will be null and void. The original statement will rule.

This is to prevent lower management accepting changes without corporate legal approval. Sorry:(

navychop said:

Bulldog said:
Yes! you are correct that both parties must sign any changes of the original; unless it states that no changes are allowed even if attempted, then anything written as an add-on will be null and void. The original statement will rule.

This is to prevent lower management accepting changes without corporate legal approval. Sorry:(

You might be missing the forest for the trees here guys.

waltinvt said:
You might be missing the forest for the trees here guys.

Yeah, I did just to see if they would notice.

When I left I also changed my voice mail greeting (I had a DID 800#) and gave the callers the CEO's private phone number to call just in case they had problems getting support :eek: . It took them 6 months to find that, the telcom guy called me and said they all laughed their ass when they heard it. :D

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Yeah, I did just to see if they would notice.

When I left I also changed my voice mail greeting (I had a DID 800#) and gave the callers the CEO's private phone number to call just in case they had problems getting support :eek: . It took them 6 months to find that, the telcom guy called me and said they all laughed their ass when they heard it. :D

NightRyder

I'm definitly going to look you up for ideas if that ever happens to me.........wait a minute, I work for myself. :D Anyway, remind me never to hire you. or if I forget, remind me never to let you go.:)

waltinvt said:
I'm definitly going to look you up for ideas if that ever happens to me.........wait a minute, I work for myself. :D Anyway, remind me never to hire you. or if I forget, remind me never to let you go.:)

No worries :D ...I got tired of all the corporate greed and BS.....I work for the government now. :devil:

NightRyder

waltinvt said:
What on earth are you talking about?

And yes, whether a VP, janitor, CSR or Tech, I DO value their opinion - heck, I even value your opinion :) .

The ex-Janitor tells me that the company's stock is going to rise and I attach zero value to that. The CEO tells me the same thing and I attach just a little more than zero value to it. :D

I think you know what I was talking about... or you're simply being obtuse.

Know what I mean? :rolleyes:

Bulldog said:

Actually, you're not quite right.

If Party B makes changes, then there is NO agreement unless Party A accepts them.

In other words, Party B made a contract "offer" (the changes). Party A can NOT say that Party B accepted the original terms. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)