Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got sent this... Anyone interested in the position?!

Job Description

Senior executive reporting to the President responsible for the overall architecture, technical direction, performance, capacity and technical operations of an international satellite system. Directly responsible for a growing technical team, performing Systems Engineering, 24x7 Satellite Operations, Program Management, Spectrum Management, and oversight of Network Management and Earth Station Design and Operations. The EchoStar’s owned, managed and leased Satellite Fleet is currently comprised of seventeen satellites, and two Satellite Operations Centers. Two additional satellites will be launched in 2012 and pending FCC approval, an additional two satellites will be operationally acquired in 2012.

Responsibilities:

• Participate as a member of the senior management team and lead the technical aspects of the company’s strategy, business plan, goals and financial commitments
  • Make critical and strategic technical decisions for the company; be the authority for determination of all space, ground and network architectures and systems
  • Manage highly interdependent technical teams, comprised of personnel with a wide range of technical expertise ranging from entry level operations staff to very senior engineers
  • Maintain excellent engineering discipline for satellite flight operations, communications network operations, new satellite requirements development, performance verification, design practices, design reviews, and change management processes
  • Maintain good employee morale by setting high standards for the work ethic, collaboration, creativity, integrity and recognition across the company
  • Maintain an effective project management process, including schedule, budget, resources, cost, cross-team coordination and progress reviews; develop, track and control the annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing satellites and for staffing satellite operations; direct the continuing review of present systems and methods, as well as the formulation of new and revised operational systems; determine appropriate changes to effect improvements, reduce costs, and enhance efficiency
  • Manage internal and external relationships for satellites, launch, insurance, satellite operations, microwave and RF equipment, orbit/spectrum resources, operational software, and related support services
  • Responsible for satellite design, requirements, competitive proposals, manufacturer selection, vendor management, delivery, launch vehicle selection, launch, in-orbit test, operations, anomaly resolution, use of on-board spare equipment and management of consumables
  • Responsible for working with the Legal Department to draft procurement contracts, negotiate favorable pricing and terms, resolve contractual issues and disputes, and ensure regulatory compliance
  • Responsible (either solely or in coordination with other departments) for regulatory compliance and licensing requirements for orbital slots, satellites, Earth stations, customer terminals, traffic management methods, law enforcement requests, and periodic reporting as required at state and federal levels
  • Final escalation point for all technical problems and network outages 24 hours/day; resolve technical conflicts and confidently respond to technical emergencies
  • Responsible for selecting and managing satellite technology research and development projects, and for leading special initiatives; and identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
  • Work closely with Commercial, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new services/products and enhancements
Desired Skills & Experience

QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:

• A recognized leader in the field of telecommunications generally and (highly desired) a recognized leader in the field of satellite communications
  • Capable of effectively representing the company to investors, bankers, financial analysts, partner companies and executives, customers, at industry conferences, to the press, and to politicians and regulators
  • Generally familiar with geostationary satellite operations, TT&C, stationkeeping, antenna tracking, trending and reporting
  • Understanding of the basics of satellite design, weight and power, link budgets, modulation-demodulation, error-control coding, microwave propagation, interference, and performance metrics
  • General knowledge regarding the operations of a highly reliable subscriber service, including redundancy, diversity, load balancing, system maintenance, quality assurance, fault recovery, system upgrades and Service Level Agreement compliance
  • Understanding of network management tools and systems, remote diagnostics, trouble ticketing systems, performance monitoring, alarm processing, and reporting systems
  • High level understanding of the design and manufacture of microwave and digital electronics, hardware and software, in high volume to consumer standards
  • Understanding of operational requirements for highly reliable facilities, including remote sites with generators, UPSs, HVAC systems, antenna deice systems, video monitoring, network security and physical security
  • Familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
  • Familiar with legal and contractual requirements of providing broadcast, telecommunications, and Internet service, including legal intercept requirements, network neutrality, privacy and related issues
  • Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
  • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
  • Effective negotiation and vendor management skills

EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:

• U.S. person
  • Reputation for integrity, honesty, reliability, and creativity
  • Master's degree or equivalent
  • At least 15 years in the satellite industry
  • At least 5 years of successful performance at the executive level

Forward your CV to Jennifer King and Jennifer.King@echostar.com.

Company Description

EchoStar is the digital media leader, delivering advanced and integrated products, solutions, and services for satellite, IPTV, cable, terrestrial, and consumer electronics markets around the world. EchoStar provides consumers with world-class entertainment experiences and enrich service and business operators with innovative and efficient solutions. Visit EchoStar - Home for more information.

Looking foward to reading what I know will be entertaining responses :)

Dont see "Pushing of RSN-HD 24/7" as a job duty so that will eliminate folks :)

That satellite industry experience thing kinda eliminates me from further consideration. Well, that and my inabililty to work well with others...think clearly and effectively while not intoxicated on the job...leading anyone to do anything without constant threats and beratement...being incapable of solving complex engineering and architecural problems...and my utter contempt for anyone in a supervisory position above me. Otherwise, I feel that I would be a perfect candidate for this position. :)

That satellite industry experience thing kinda eliminates me from further consideration. Well, that and my inabililty to work well with others...think clearly and effectively while not intoxicated on the job...leading anyone to do anything without constant threats and beratement...being incapable of solving complex engineering and architecural problems...and my utter contempt for anyone in a supervisory position above me. Otherwise, I feel that I would be a perfect candidate for this position. :)

LOL -- I think all but maybe the second and the last would actually QUALIFY you for the Dish CTO job...

You left out: "Reputation for integrity, honesty, reliability, and creativity"
:D

According to United States person - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia a U.S. Person can be:
- a citizen of the United States
- an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence
- an unincorporated association with a substantial number of members who are citizens of the U.S. or are aliens lawfully admitted for permanent residence
- a corporation that is incorporated in the U.S.

According to United States person - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia a U.S. Person can be:
- a citizen of the United States
- an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence
- an unincorporated association with a substantial number of members who are citizens of the U.S. or are aliens lawfully admitted for permanent residence
- a corporation that is incorporated in the U.S.

thanks for clearing that up :)

Well, I GOT HIRED!!
First thing, there will be no FEARnet, SD, HD, or otherwise.
Rofl_3i.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts