Echostar Launch Party TONIGHT!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was a kid in the early 70s and watched Apollo 17 and Skylab 1 launch at night. There's something about watching the rocket launch light up the sky like it's day, hear the sound a few seconds later then feel the shock waves from the engines. We were about 4 miles from the launch in Titusville Fla. I've never taken these launches for granted since.

Sorry...you weren't...Apollo 17 and Skylab 1 both used LC-39A, which is about 12 miles away from the closest point in Titusville. If you were on the NASA Causeway (used to be able to drive cars out there, now it's buses only) you'd be about 6, give or take a mile or two depending on where you were on the causeway. The VIP site at Banana Creek is the closest at about 2.5.

Still, I've seen a shuttle launch from there, and it's quite spectacular. I'd love to have seen that Saturn V go!

SeaLaunch Current Mission E*11, 121 Deg West.

Verifyed up and runnning for those who are running true and legit FTA and not the hack crap!

11913 H 6111
Vid: 308
Aud: 256
PCR: 8190

4:2:0 480P Scans in as Tandberg Service

Sorry...you weren't...Apollo 17 and Skylab 1 both used LC-39A, which is about 12 miles away from the closest point in Titusville. If you were on the NASA Causeway (used to be able to drive cars out there, now it's buses only) you'd be about 6, give or take a mile or two depending on where you were on the causeway. The VIP site at Banana Creek is the closest at about 2.5.

Still, I've seen a shuttle launch from there, and it's quite spectacular. I'd love to have seen that Saturn V go!

My dad worked at JFK Space center at the time. Probably 6 or 7 miles out.

What, is everybody holding their breath or something??

Just keep saying "nominal"!!

Yup. Nominal launch and performance of 1st stage, 2nd stage, and 1st burn of 3rd stage. 3rd stage and satellite are now coasting for about 30 minutes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)