EchoStar Reports First Quarter 2007 Financial Results

Charlie finally mentioned MPEG4, he says MPEG4 is a premium today however it saves them from having to upgrade the customer down the line.

Still just financial questions, nothing interesting to report.

I hate questions, such as, looking at the APRU from the 10q, can you tell me the EBITA for the capex for the quarter. (anyones head spinning?)

it can be boring but remember the purpose of this call is to discuss the financial status of the company. Tech talk takes a back seat.

Still nothing interesting, someone asked about advanced in DVR and VOD and Charlie did not mention anything about DishONLINE or anything like it, he just said they had plans for the future.

He also needs to be super careful on earnings calls to not mention something that Dish won't be delivering on without a concrete time frame. Much of the stuff you heard at Team Summit probably won't be mentioned in this call.

Good question... The question is there are still lots of rumors floating around about Dish and AT&T, whats going on?

Charlie says AT&T has the brand name, the technology etc. And AT&T and Dish can offer Quadrople play. But they are also a competitor with their UVERSE service.

Charlie is asked if Dish has any plans to use Broadband to offer VOD in the future (these guys do not read satelliteguys)

Charlie says yes they are looking at it and then they want to give the best video experiance possible. He says that the VIP recivers means Video over IP. :)

And the call is now done, this is one of the lamer earnings calls in a long long time.

It was like someone had Charlie tied down with a leash today, as he wasnt doing his normal CHarlie thing talking about the future. :)

Not a bad day. It opened lower on the news but recovered nicely and closed less than half a point lower than the day before.

I don't think that anyone would think that it would cause that much of a retreat. But it does point out taht I should not have sold some shares at 40.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)