EchoStar Reports First Quarter 2007 Financial Results

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 10, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) reported total revenue of $2.64 billion for the quarter ended March 31, 2007, a 15 percent increase compared with $2.30 billion for the corresponding period in 2006.

Net income totaled $157 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2007, compared with $147 million during the corresponding period in 2006. Basic earnings per share were $.35 for the quarter ended March 31, 2007, compared with basic earnings per share of $.33 during the corresponding period in 2006.

DISH Network(tm) added approximately 310,000 net new subscribers during the first quarter of 2007, ending the quarter with approximately 13.415 million subscribers.

Detailed financial data and other information are available today in EchoStar's Form 10-Q for the quarterly period ended March 31, 2007 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=68854&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=998488&highlight=

It appears that the rumors of E* death (from loss of distants, loss of MLB EI, no "triple play" combo to combat cable, no real VOD, less HD than D* plans to have someday :rolleyes:) have been greatly exaggerated. Kudos to Dish for the net add of 310,000 subs.

Analysts were expecting a higher profit number. So as good as these numbers may look to some of us don't expect the stock price to surge today.

Chat room is open. http://www.satelliteguys.us

I am listening to the call on the phone since I cant find the link to listen on Echostar site. :)

I am not going to report numbers here, as those are available online, I am just going to post any notes of interest to our members. :)

Charlie says Dish Networks success is because of their HD customers and their friendly easy to use HD DVR. He says the take on HD is stronger then they thought it would be.

Still just financial questions, nothing interesting to report.

I hate questions, such as, looking at the APRU from the 10q, can you tell me the EBITA for the capex for the quarter. (anyones head spinning?)

ARPU is an interesting number to compare to other quarters/years. It is the Average Revenue Per User i.e. what is the average bill of Dish's customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts