EchoStar Wins $214M Judgment against Viewtech

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DIRECTV has been relatively silent on the subject of a la carte (let's face it, they would shrivel without Disney's ESPN), but DISH Network's Charlie Ergen has made repeated pleas to Congress and the FCC. His only help seems to be coming from Charles Dolan and a very few independent advocates like Kevin Friedman (who blames Comcast).

Bundling didn't come from the carriers. It is a provider initiated methodology. Blaming the carriers is asinine. Railing against the only people who are truly stepping up to promote a la carte is double dumbass asinine.

Lets let the consumers decide already.

Lets let the consumers decide already.
The consumers aren't the one that hold the rights to the programming. Only the owners get to decide what to do with their property.

Are you suggesting that any and all television and movies that sound interesting to you should summarily and immediately be put into the public domain?

That's what's wrong with the World today: criminal self-righteousness mixed with a terminal case of entitlement.

The consumers aren't the one that hold the rights to the programming. Only the owners get to decide what to do with their property.

Are you suggesting that any and all television and movies that sound interesting to you should summarily and immediately be put into the public domain?

That's what's wrong with the World today: criminal self-righteousness mixed with a terminal case of entitlement.

Indeed and I am ready to pay for such immediate and total access...when and how I want it. I can't count how many times I've wanted to watch something only to find out it was not available...well except through P2P.

Nothing worse than having money to spend on something any nobody to give it to.

you working for Dish Network??????????????
Nope.

I'm just interested in seeing that the fans of a la carte know who their most active advocates are and hope that they don't heap aspersions on them out of ignorance or a burning desire to harpoon their common cause.

That being said, I do hold copyright to a few television programs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts