Echostar X NOW IN ORBIT! AND AQUIRED!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nevermind.

Lets just hope it goes up tomorrow, and deploys properly, no crippled sats!

Iceberg said:
sorry. Bob started it with "Its erected" and the topic got off topic to these boner pills.

Yeah seriously Iceberg, I would have thought better of you!~I just hope it gets to shoot its payload, I would hate to go up and down and no release, start feeling bad for the little fella!

lol, guys you really need to stop, lets get back to the issue in hand and get this thing up and shooting off!

*note should we move this to the pub now, LOL

Ok boys... Here is the latest:

Sea Launch is counting down to the launch of the EchoStar X broadcast satellite, February 15, at 3:35 pm PST (23:35 GMT). All systems are nominal at this time and ready for liftoff.

Jay

jjmd said:
Ok boys... Here is the latest:

Sea Launch is counting down to the launch of the EchoStar X broadcast satellite, February 15, at 3:35 pm PST (23:35 GMT). All systems are nominal at this time and ready for liftoff.

Jay

Nice find :) still no official press realease.... If all goes well we will have a full chat room and successful liftoff of echostar x :) Maybe the 3rd time is a charm :)

where is the satellite held and do we know what the steps are on takeoff, getting the sat out and such? and also how long before Dish network has the sat. in its position and broadcasting channels?

nice, thank you, I couldnt find it anywhere! and I have asked this before ( I am not trying to hijack this thread) does anyone know if 61.5 will still be used for High def. locals, I already have that dish in place and it wouldnt be a problem to swing it over to 129, but to me it would make more sense to throw my locals (cleveland on the 61.5!(hd locals)

John Kotches said:
61.5 will (in all likelihood) only be used for HD locals in areas that cannot be serviced by the 129 sat on the eastern seaboard.

Regards,

so I am thinking that cleveland is serviced by 129? so that means I will probably have to swing that sat. is that correct? oh well! lets go sea launch hope all goes well, again didnt mean to hijack!

ok guys there seams to be some confusion... There will be HD LIL on 61.5 for the easern seaboard.. and also any nationals on 129 will allso be on 61.5 (IE voom, UHD, and ESPN2HD) If you live in chicago or west of chicago your hd lil will most likely be on 129 allong with voom and national hd channels

goaliebob99 said:
ok guys there seams to be some confusion... There will be HD LIL on 61.5 for the easern seaboard.. and also any nationals on 129 will allso be on 61.5 (IE voom, UHD, and ESPN2HD) If you live in chicago or west of chicago your hd lil will most likely be on 129 allong with voom and national hd channels

I really question if this will be true or not simply because of the limited space at 129 W. If Dish uses 7 - 10 TPs for national HD channels at 129 W and the HD locals for each city take up one TP, there will not room for very many cities. Certainly HD locals for Denver on west will be on 129 W but otherwise I see Dish using the Rainbow-1 spotbeam capabilities at 61.5 W for a great many HD locals. Chicago HD locals will be on 129 W because I believe Dish eventually will offer them as HD distants to folks in the Central time zone and the Rainbow-1 spotbeams do not cover everywhere. Nashville ended up on 129 W because the Rainbow-1 spotbeams don't cover there. By the way, Charlie seems to give some of the cities in Tennessee special treatment since he is from there. Not sure why Minneappolis ended up on 129 W, perhaps the uplink requirements for the Rainbow-1 spotbeams were a problem.

rocatman said:
I really question if this will be true or not simply because of the limited space at 129 W. If Dish uses 7 - 10 TPs for national HD channels at 129 W and the HD locals for each city take up one TP, there will not room for very many cities.
Simple Solution, 148 W :D

Don't forget that Echo XI is slated to launch later this year. Isn't that supposed to be a predominately spot beam sat as well?

If that's the case, then that answers the question where are your HD LiL going to come from quite nicely. Echo X (assuming it actually launches) and Echo XI.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts