Echostar X NOW IN ORBIT! AND AQUIRED!

Well, I know just what the SHOULD be doing with R-1 - Putting my Washington, DC HD locals on it, that's what!

$200,000,000 is one-fifth of a Billion dollars and Charlie isn't doing much with it. This is hard to understand. Who knows, maybe E-10 will just sit there forever too!

--Doug

My question is what are they going to do with AMC-15 and AMC-16? Second question is how long are they leased for???

datwell said:
Well, I know just what the SHOULD be doing with R-1 - Putting my Washington, DC HD locals on it, that's what!

$200,000,000 is one-fifth of a Billion dollars and Charlie isn't doing much with it. This is hard to understand. Who knows, maybe E-10 will just sit there forever too!

--Doug

Just another reason for the next Charlie Chat and why Dish has to raise rates. I can hear him now: "As you are aware, we have spent quite a few dollars on new and improved hardware (high tech for space junk to add more bandwidth for shopping channels) and this is why we are forced to raise your rates again." :eek:

rolodoc said:
Are there plans to move international channels out of 121? That would eliminate the need for superdish 121.
There are some DMA's who's LIL comes off 121..Albany ,NY is an example..

dlsnyder said:
Couldn't E* and D* share those TPs using spotbeams as long as they were serving different markets? You would think the FCC would go for that since it would make for more efficient use of the spectrum.
What makes you think any federal agency is in the least bit interested in efficiency?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I imagine they will be able to eat up a lot of RB-1 with east coast HD locals and mirroring the HD channels from 129.

I still think this is a hokey solution for the east coast, forcing all east coast HD customers into a two-dish solution. Too bad they can't put this stuff at 101 and then market an east coast version of the D1000 for 101/110/119.

Tom Bombadil said:
I imagine they will be able to eat up a lot of RB-1 with east coast HD locals and mirroring the HD channels from 129.

I still think this is a hokey solution for the east coast, forcing all east coast HD customers into a two-dish solution. Too bad they can't put this stuff at 101 and then market an east coast version of the D1000 for 101/110/119.

Maybe Dish should buy DirecTV for that 101 W slot!!!! Come to think of it, doesn't DirecTV already have a dish similar to a D1000 for 101/110/119???:D

dishcomm said:
What is the final destination for this bird?

I'd answer your question except then you would expect folks to spoon feed you information instead of just search around a little bit for something so obvious. On second thought I will give you a hint: The E-10 satellite's final destination is somewhere between 109 W and 111 W after being tested at 138.5 W.:D

dishcomm said:
What makes you think any federal agency is in the least bit interested in efficiency?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was one of the things the FCC strongly hinted at when the Dish/DirecTV merger was denied awhile back. They said that they would like to see the two cooperate on bringing local channels to every DMA in the country. The MOST efficient way to do it would have been a shared platform, each system using the same satellites for delivery to all DBS customers. Since that isn't going to happen, a system of sharing spotbeam utilization from one or two DBS slots might be the next best alternative. Maybe designate 110 as a national LIL delivery slot.

Just a thought.

halsan40 said:
What does that have to do with the subject of this thread?
I think digiblur was referring to Sea Launch's title of the Echostar X Launch page. Here's the snippet of HTML code: "<TITLE>Sea Launch - DIRECTV 7S Launch</TITLE>":)

Last edited:
And if you dig deeper, you can see the webpage was also used for Telstar 14 on Jan 10, 2004.

Code:
<META NAME="DC.title" CONTENT="Sea Launch Telstar 14/Estrela do Sul 1 Launch">
<META NAME="DC.subject" CONTENT="Sea Launch Telstar 14/Estrela do Sul 1 Launch">
<META NAME="DC.description" CONTENT="Sea Launch Telstar 14/Estrela do Sul 1 Launch page">
<META NAME="DC.creator" CONTENT="Sea Launch">
<META NAME="DC.publisher" CONTENT="2214-Don Holt">
<META NAME="DC.date" CONTENT="2004-01-10">

I've re-used my webpages and forgot to change the META and TITLE tags. :eek:

Anywho... I'd like to get my FTA rig back up but its not gonna happen this week. I've got too much other stuff to do. Maybe someone will post the activity.

BTW.. Nice pic... It is a worthy background screen. :cool:

You know Direct actually rents some satellites from Echostar

hehe echostar should just take the locals they got on them and use them as a direct/dish satellite and broadcast the ones they have on that sat to cust in the dma's dish doesn't have covered on their satellites ... but i bet that more rules than they are willing to break ......

would it be pirating if your stealing satellite signal from a satellite you own ? LOL

dlsnyder said:
That was one of the things the FCC strongly hinted at when the Dish/DirecTV merger was denied awhile back. They said that they would like to see the two cooperate on bringing local channels to every DMA in the country. The MOST efficient way to do it would have been a shared platform, each system using the same satellites for delivery to all DBS customers. Since that isn't going to happen, a system of sharing spotbeam utilization from one or two DBS slots might be the next best alternative. Maybe designate 110 as a national LIL delivery slot.

Just a thought.

That would not be a good idea.

Dish has 29 TPs at 110
Dish has 21 TPs at 119

Dish would be giving up more TPs in a shared 110 for National Lil Delivery.

If Dish were to move the core off of 119 and move it to 110, then 119 would make a great Shared National Lil Delivery slot. But for that to ever happen both providers would have to agree on a format to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)