Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US has just learned that Echostar X will be put into operation tonight beginning at 1AM Central Time!

The first channel which will move will be Chattanooga, TN channel WCLP.

Also moving tonight will be the following...

Knoxville, TN
Las Vegas, NV
Mobile-Pensacola AL-FL (Which will be moving from 105 to 110)
Springfield, MO

Tommorow the following will be moving...

Flint-Saginaw, MI (Moving from 121 to 110)
Detroit, MI (Moving from 110 and 61.5)
Grand Rapids, MI (Moving from 119 to 110)
Duluth-Superior MN-WI
Houston, TX (Moving from 119 and 148 to 110)
Joplin-Pittsburg MO-KS (Moving from 105 to 110)
Philidelphia, PA (Moving from 110 and 61.5 to 110)
Yakima (from 110 and 119 to 110)

I have a complete list of expected channel move dates which I will post to our Pub Members area as my thanks for their support, later on Wednesday I will move it for all to see.

I have also attached a photo of tonight's moves for your enjoyment!

rollout.jpg

Last edited:
BTW if your up tonight and can see these channels moving you are invited to post your signal reports. Your reports will actually help the Dish engineers.

If you post your signal reports please include your approxamate area that your in so they can make sure the spot beams are going where they should. :)

Wow dish is breaking out the wine for Chattanooga, TN channel WCLP? lol have they been invited to the party? :D

number

Forgive me I don't get the scheme on transponder numbers can anybody explain it to me?

every transponder dish has is given a unique number, unlike the stand TP-1032 we see for each orbital. so every tp at each orbitial and each tp inside each spot beam is a unique number

well for like the first one Chattanooga, TN Channel 7336. It will move from ConusBeam TP18 to Spotbeam 10 and either 4,12,23,27 TP, dunno which one 2562 means

number

BFG said:
well for like the first one Chattanooga, TN Channel 7336. It will move from ConusBeam TP18 to Spotbeam 10 and either 4,12,23,27 TP, dunno which one 2562 means
thanks

Maybe now that Las Vegas has its own spot beam, Dish will add rest of the locals that are already on Cox and DirecTV.

KHDF 19 Azteca
KTUD 25 UPN
KELV 27 Telefutura

every transponder dish has is given a unique number, unlike the stand TP-1032 we see for each orbital. so every tp at each orbitial and each tp inside each spot beam is a unique number

So are you saying that when we go to the Chcek Signal screen, instead of it switching to Spotbeam and saying the Spotbeam number, it is going to give us a 4 digit number now?

BFG said:

According to what the network table says, 2562 uses transponder 12. No channels listed yet. Couldn't they have made it eastern time :)

Actually looking at all the ones listed for April 10, all of the new spots that will be turned on will be using TP 12.

Last edited:
alebowgm said:
Does anyone have an idea of what time this is going to occur?

That is what I would like to know... :) IM going to hang in here for a couple of hours to see if anything happens.. if not I will report in the morning when I wake up :) ahhh the life of a collage student.. If i didnt have class at o'dark 30 in the morning on wed I would be all up for staying up late.. but its tough sleeping in to stay up for 8 hours to go back to sleep for another 8...

Status
Please reply by conversation.