echostars stocks soaring

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

russ222

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
wisconsin
up 27 percent today...that means telco att is close to buying them .only 29.5 billion ...i would put money on it that this will happen in the next week or two ....

Crap. I really like the 622, but if AT&T buys Dish I am going to have to go someplace else. I will NOT be an AT&T customer.
Keep up with the times. Cingular renamed itself AT&T after buying out Bell South. No connection with the old entity except the name.

I am quite familiar with the "new" AT&T. I have several clients whose T1s and PRIs I manage. While they are an improvement over the pre-breakup corp their customer service and coordination is still atrocious. Whoever you are talking to is in the wrong department and they don't know what department/group you need to talk to. Just try to find a telephone number that gets you where you need to go. Their acquisitions just adds internal confusion to the mess they have.

I'll deal with them when I'm getting paid $150/hr., but not on my own time.

Keep up with the times. Cingular renamed itself AT&T after buying out Bell South. No connection with the old entity except the name.

What was left of the AT&T was indeed purchased by the other entity which tehn adopted its name.

Some one explain to me how they are going to buy Echostar ? I know that Charlie was splitting the company into two parts: DISH and the sats that go with it & the hard ware or receiver part that would stay as Echostar. So that hasn't even happened yet. So is Charlie selling everything now to ATT or just the DISH sat service ?

Echostar is DOWN 9.43% today.

David Faber was just on CNBC talking about it. He said he talked with Charlie last week and he didn't seem very eager to sell.
Faber's opinion is that speculators are just diving in and out of the stock.

I got to agree with CNBC, the word and feeling I am getting from my insiders seem to indicate that something was up, but a few weeks ago something happened and all talks are off.

I may not always agree with Charlie, but I got to say that Charlie is no dummy.

Yeah its funny how when these so called analyst speak about what company should buy what so forth how the speculations all start. Overall if AT&T was to buy anyone Direct TV would be the better choice for them and would make more sense.But for now its seems Dish has no plans on selling which is good for everyone. Because dealing with AT&T in most case is a bad thing to begin with and usually anything they take over gets worse.

Yeah its funny how when these so called analyst speak about what company should buy what so forth how the speculations all start. Overall if AT&T was to buy anyone Direct TV would be the better choice for them and would make more sense.But for now its seems Dish has no plans on selling which is good for everyone. Because dealing with AT&T in most case is a bad thing to begin with and usually anything they take over gets worse.

Have you had any specific bad experiences with ATT? You have made several comments about hoping or thinking a deal will not get done. Why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts