Ecoda Upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I may just end up getting Ecoda 22k switches. Does anyone else use em other than Labgate? I see em on Ebay for a decent price.

Now Ice, I know you mentioned the receiver must support more than 4 ports but mine supports Diseqc 1.1

Isn't that workable? That has the option for the uncommited thingy. Looking for input throughout today on this issue.

I may just end up getting Ecoda 22k switches. Does anyone else use em other than Labgate? I see em on Ebay for a decent price.

Now Ice, I know you mentioned the receiver must support more than 4 ports but mine supports Diseqc 1.1

Isn't that workable? That has the option for the uncommited thingy. Looking for input throughout today on this issue.
I bought mine from eBay for like $10 shipped. Works well for running diseqc motors from one cable drop. I've got 2 motors each with a 4-port diseqc behind them as well, all wired through an ecoda 22k switch and one line back to the receiver, and it works fine.

are these the switches that are suppose to pass disqec commands through?
Yes, they do pass the diseqc command downstream.

Sweet!

Now.....does it pass the 22mhz tone through also?
Yes is passes the tone through too...Of course it's only going to pass the tone that gets through that leg (i.e. it will only pass 22k down the 22k leg). This seems obvious until you go connecting something like the bsc621 downstream and wonder why you can never see the 2nd side of the lnbf (obviously its because when you set the 22k tone to the opposite side, its switching over and following a different path before it even gets downstream to the bsc621).

Yes is passes the tone through too...Of course it's only going to pass the tone that gets through that leg (i.e. it will only pass 22k down the 22k leg). This seems obvious until you go connecting something like the bsc621 downstream and wonder why you can never see the 2nd side of the lnbf (obviously its because when you set the 22k tone to the opposite side, its switching over and following a different path before it even gets downstream to the bsc621).

That is really cool! it would allow users to split up their universal lnbs.

i.e you only need the low band (9750) for IS-9 so you could put in on a disqec switch with the 22mzh off. On reg sats that you would use standards, you could put it on the disqec w/22mhz on and set the LNB to 10600. This switch would actually allow me to connect everything together on one line with my existing wiring. I'd just have to use a disqec on the bsc621 instead of the built-it 22mhz switch (no biggie)

Is there a retailer who sells these or have you just found them on ebay?

That is really cool! it would allow users to split up their universal lnbs.

:hungry: That is part of my plan :) On the west side of the house I plan to have a 4x1 with 123, (Equity) 119 (nasa), 129 linear (White Springs) and circular (yes, circular for a specific FTE channel)

East side of house, I'm gonna break out with an 8x1 for the motor and a few other fixed positions i haven't decided on as of yet. That will be the 22k "off" side to allow for Atlantic sats to show up.

Is there a retailer who sells these or have you just found them on ebay?

There is a guy on there who claims to have 29 available. Hopefully they stick around. I'm suprised at the low price. Shhhh!! Don't tell too many people.

eBay was the cheapest place I could fine the switch.

techno935 - depending on whether you already have the other switches or not, you might consider whether it would be cheaper to buy a few standard 22k switches and just one diseqc (the 8 port one). Put your 4 universals directly on 4 ports of the diseqc, and then you can get up to 8 more lnbfs connected to the other 4 ports by spliting each port with a standard 22k switch (although rereading, you're looking at splitting between two sides of your house, so for wiring sake, you're probably better using the 22k switch so that you only have to run 1 wire across to the other side)

There is a guy on there who claims to have 29 available. Hopefully they stick around. I'm suprised at the low price. Shhhh!! Don't tell too many people.

How cheap?

I just bought one from a ebay seller via paypal for 8 dollars with shipping. I thought it was a good deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts