Edge, WP questions.

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Who's doing this? Thoughts? Tempted to make the jump to WP from my Note 3, but am kinda conflicted. Would probably switch to Edge to do it. Might wait until after the next round of Samsung announcements. Is there a phone worth waiting for already announced on the horizon worth waiting for or am I pretty safe going with the ATIV SE or Icon?

That camera app on the icon is damn nice... Phone feels nice in the hand too vs the Samsung, especially after having a Note 2 and now 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have Edge and it was worth it for me, basically allowing me a new phone way sooner than if I had not gone the Edge route.
Yeah, I had to send them my old phone in order to get the new one.

Chatted with a rep earlier and it was the poorest service I've ever had from vzw, kept half-answering questions about just reactivating my nexus or swapping phones with my wife (Note 2) and then enrolling in edge so I didn't have to trade in my Note 3.

Kinda pissed me off, told them it makes me want to sell my 3 and use that to pay my etf and go elsewhere. I'd come out ahead $$-wise.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

All you have to send them is the phone that is active on the account at the time you enroll.

So reactivate whatever device you want, sign up for edge if you want to, order the device, and send the one you just activated in. Presto. You keep your note 3, and you have the icon.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

In case you are wondering, I just did this exact scenario. I had the icon, wanted an android device as well.

Decided with my upgrade schedule edge would be beneficial to me. However I didn't want to trade my icon out.

Had an old iPhone 4 in my nightstand. Went online and activated it, bought the new HTC one, and sent them the old iPhone when it came in.

Now I swap between the icon and the one as I want with a simple sim pull.

Verizon has totally screwed up our bill since we spawned off my brother in law and sister in law's phones onto their own account.

My wife and I would switch to TMobile if it wasn't for the fact that both of our phones are new on the Edge program (within the last 2 months). Our bill looks like a cheap car payment the way it's all messed up!

In case you are wondering, I just did this exact scenario. I had the icon, wanted an android device as well.

Decided with my upgrade schedule edge would be beneficial to me. However I didn't want to trade my icon out.

Had an old iPhone 4 in my nightstand. Went online and activated it, bought the new HTC one, and sent them the old iPhone when it came in.

Now I swap between the icon and the one as I want with a simple sim pull.

Stopped by another VZW store to fondle a Lumia today and one of the guys there suggested exactly this. Now to get my Nexus back to stock... or I could try and reactivate my Blackberry Storm? lol.

I would reactivate the storm personally. The nexus has more value as a backup.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Since when do you have to turn in a phone to "enroll" in edge? I didn't have to.
I know if you use edge to upgrade a phone that is on edge you need to turn it in.

Since when do you have to turn in a phone to "enroll" in edge? I didn't have to.
I know if you use edge to upgrade a phone that is on edge you need to turn it in.

Did you first enroll in edge online or at a store? I did mine online, and when they sent the phone, they also sent a sleeve to send the old one back.

online and that sleeve you're referring to is only for if you want to donate your old phone(s) to help victims of domestic violence. You're not required to use it.

You need to read the fine print more closely to be sure. Unless they changed it after you did yours, mine clearly stated that the current active device must be returned or you will be charged up to $200(I think this is the amount).

It said it when I ordered online, and on the paperwork and the sleeve that came with the new device.

Question, were you out of contract when you enrolled?

Alternative devices to activate? I am thinking of picking up another cheap working device for this very purpose later on. The resale value of my two current devices will surely offset any cost, and then some.

May be a way to make this edge program pay me. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts