Edit channel on Fortec Mercury II ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PhilipPeake

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 23, 2006
After scanning G10 I have one or two chanels with no sound. Isuspect that the audio PID may be incorrect and so want to add/change it.

However, I cant see how to do this. The "Edit Channel" function is practically useless, all it can edit is the name, position in the list etc.

I could delete it and use the "Channel Add" function, but this seems like a very long-winded way to achieve the result.

Anyone have any ideas?

(I looked at Channelmaster, but the Mercury II isn't listed amongst the supported receivers.)

After scanning G10 I have one or two chanels with no sound. Isuspect that the audio PID may be incorrect and so want to add/change it.

However, I cant see how to do this. The "Edit Channel" function is practically useless, all it can edit is the name, position in the list etc.

I could delete it and use the "Channel Add" function, but this seems like a very long-winded way to achieve the result.

Anyone have any ideas?

(I looked at Channelmaster, but the Mercury II isn't listed amongst the supported receivers.)

I haven't used it but there is a channel list editor on the fortec site.

Be warned it is a clunky channel editor IMO that they offer. Took me a bit to figure it out.

would they happen to be KEYU & KAMT?

If so, thoise are AC-3 audio so you need a compatible audio receiver to hear them :)
Changing the PIDS wont do anything

The only way I have found to edit PIDS on the Mercury II is to delete the channel and then use the "add channel" feature. Of the three reciever brands I own, only my Satworks allows me to manually edit PIDS.

I have been trying to add a channel to my Mercury II and the receiver is changing the transponder frequency from Ku band to C band when it saves the information.

Has anyone else had this happen? My brother also has a Mercury II and his changes the frequency to a different Ku frequency than the one we are entering.

The weird thing is, sometimes the channel works on mine even though it shows a C band frequency, but other times it doesn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)