Edit .dat files w/ my PC?

ndennis

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Southern US
Just getting stated with the AZBox Premium HD.

I see all these *.dat files in DISK2. It would be nice if I could add new satellites, SR, etc. from my PC.

Is there a way?

If not, I could probably write a small program to edit them if I knew what tool was used to generate the DAT files.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis,

Currently, the best programs I have been able to find and utilize are "FileZilla" (for simply moving files back and forth via FTP) and "MaZEdit v 2.3" for transferring files via FTP and TelNet communication methods as well as for actually editing the files.

The MaZEdit program isn't perfected yet, but it does seem to function at a fairly sufficient level. I think it is still a little buggy, but at least it doesn't "crash" before you even have the opportunity to test it. The previous versions and other editors like this were almost so bad that they would simply crash and shut down if you looked at the screen sideways!

RADAR

Reading about MaZEdit on this forum it seems just a little chancy. I'm going to learn more about Linux before I mess around with the files.

BTW, my son got access to the files using FTP.

And, I just installed a terabyte harddrive ($119.00 at BestBuy) and recorded some HD video and it works great. Cannot see any difference.

OT: Is there any way to get HD into the AZBox from my DirecTV box?

Thanks,

Dennis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts