Eek! I think I got bumped to another bird (which one?)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
I still haven't gotten around to planting a pole (weather, sheesh) and am relying on my not so sturdy portable pole on a base. I was checking to see if I'm still aimed right at 91W for the UND hockey game tonight, and it appears that I no longer am!

The "Strong Transponder" from thelist 12051 v 13354 - Nothing
The strong data transponder I've had good luck dialing in the last couple weekends, 11740 v 30000 - Nothing

HOWEVER

When flipping through the preprogrammed list of transponders in my captiveworks 600 (no blind scan), I hit on
11945 H 6111
which scans in as PATH1-ENCODER3 and is currently showing what looks to be a high school football game. Can anyone tell me where I am so I know what direction to go back?

I still have a few hours till gametime, but Mrs Paulm is napping so I don't have any way of adjusting without running in and out of doors at the moment. Knowing which what to nudge it would be a big help.

My apologies in advance if this breaks the don't post feeds rule -- please delete this thread if it does.

I am!? This is excellent news. But tell me, are you getting
12051 v 13354
and / or
11740 v 30000

on 91W, because I'm not, and they had previous been coming in very strong (hence my concern that I've moved).

If you are, this could mean that this HS football game is an abnormally strong uplink and I just need to tweek. If you aren't, then no worries... those TPs are just not hot and I'm def in the right spot to pick up the Sioux game (which starts at 10pm Central time on 12024 V 4880, if you're looking for a game to watch! :) )

The high school football game you were talking about is on 91°,
I am using a 1.2 Meter dish and 12051 v 13354 and 11740 v 30000 are both there (slightly weaker than the football game, but still quite strong).

Interesting... the football game is at 57% for me. The data TP at 11740 V 30000 had registered at around 50 in the past, and 12051 V 13354 in the 30s. - the FSSN (for my hockey game tonight) had been coming in at about 50 as well, so I'm a bit concerned that I may just be a smidge off from getting it.

However, I'm afraid if I go tweak it (in the cold and dark) I'll just make things worse!

On a related note, DANG AM I GLAD I ASKED YOU GUYS FIRST! before going out and trying to find my "strong TPs" and mucking things up completely. Satelliteguys rocks!!! :D:up:D

Just to be sure, PHS leads CHS 20 to 7 late in the 2nd quarter, sponsored by McDonalds?

I'm going to power cycle my receiver and see if that makes any difference.

putney, Thanks for checking for me! 11740 is a data TP so no channels, but today I'm not getting anything. It's very close to my true south as well; I'm only an hour and a half drive south-south-east of Iceberg in Minneapolis/St.Paul (Rochester, MN)

Power cycle did nothing. We've had snow/rain mix all evening, so that may have something to do with it. I just checked and I don't have any accumulation on the dish, but maybe I'm getting some fade.

Does it seem really weird to anyone else that some of us see stuff others don't? Oh well, I'll just keep my hands off things and keep my fingers crossed until the hockey game comes up. Maybe I'll be out in the yard frantically nudging in a couple hours :)

PHS over CHS 28-14 at the half.

just to make idle chitchat, that halftime was sweet!

weird paul

I get the 12051 TP at 76 on the Coolsat 5000 right now...of course it is just drizzling here in Mpls :)
(63 threshold)

That TP (12051) seems to fluctuate on signal alot latelly

Do you get the 11740 data tp? I get nothing and that worries me. I'm going to keep reloading this thread and waiting for the feed to come up. Please post when you see it, half an hour till gametime (well, half an hour till sweeny anyway ;) )

oops, no sweeny. produced by Alaska.

Last edited:
sweeney isnt doing the game. They're taking the Alaska feed (the same one we see on C-Band) ;)

11740 is way lower signal than 12050 is

i read that, went over to tv... nothing. then all of a sudden a very crappy (unwatchable) feed is up!

Mrs paulm is around, so time for the old move and yell method

damn...you are very close. Literally lean into the dish and that should change the signal :)
very minimal movement

:D Back to my usual quality! Feed is up and crystal clear :D

So, what was wrong? You're going to laugh!

My LNB was skewed about 20 degrees. :rolleyes:

When I went out to nudge it I noticed right away this time. The coax hangs down to the ground; I'm betting the dog hit it running around the yard and pulled the lnb.

a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who helped me out, keeping me from stupidly trying to adjust my azimuth earlier this evening

couple thoughts

the original feed from C-Band is much sharper and brighter.
The FSSN feed is way darker

also noticed that the FSSN is trying to do commercials....highly suggest they dont as UAA only does a 30 second break (instead of a 1 minute) and half the time the game is already going when they come back 30 seconds later

bummer you may not get to see old Dusty Sourdough and the Sourdough Mining Company restaurant

Sourdough Mining Company | Anchorage, Alaska

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)