EHD disappears on hopper

Well I never have the problem so I thought I'd see which drives are having the issue.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Yep, mine was fine for the last month or so. However, over the last couple of weeks it loses connection every night and needs to be reset before it is recognized. What a pain!

WD 2TB here as well. It's completely random on when it drops/reappears. The last week has been good but some days it comes, others it goes. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it happens.

There's a new software version coming out soon, maybe it will address this issue for those of you with this problem.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Mine goes away every night. It's been doing it since I got the Hopper back in the summer. WD MyBook 500G.

Our 2TB WD drive is usually available, but sometimes drops out. I always figured it was a problem with the drive going into a power conservation mode and then not spinning up fast enough for the Hopper, so the Hopper decides it's gone. Power cycling the drive fixes the problem.

Another WD 2tb that comes and goes. If I just unplugged the usb cable and then reattached it, the Hopper would see it. Now, if I detach the usb cable, the Hopper usually reboots. On my other Hopper I have a Seagate. It never disappears.

My LaCie 2TB has disappeared only once since I bought it a little over a month ago. Power cycling the drive brought it back...no Hopper reboot was necessary.

I have a Seagate 1TB that disappears once or twice a week. I just unplug the USB for a minute and then plug it back in, no need to reboot the Hopper or power off the drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts