EHD favorite pet peeve

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
When I go to tohe screen to transfer show from Hopper to EHD I can only see the first ~20% of what is on the Hopper.
I can never get to the 80% that includes the shows I want to transfer to EHD.

WILL DISH EVER FIX THIS?

Are you attempting to transfer PTAT recordings? You won't see those until they have timed out, 8 days. You must also save them to your My DVR space first.....

Some are PTAT some are not. All have been saved to my recordings. Some are months old.
because of this problem I can not get my primary disk usage below 90%. I have seen it at 100%
It doe not seem to mater if i sort by DVR date or Title, folders or no folders, I still only see the first 20%

When I go to tohe screen to transfer show from Hopper to EHD I can only see the first ~20% of what is on the Hopper.
I can never get to the 80% that includes the shows I want to transfer to EHD.

WILL DISH EVER FIX THIS?

I was having a similar problem them realized if I select the "no folder" view I see more. It seems that if even one of the recordings are within the 8 day PTAT window then NONE of the episodes appear. They need to fix it so that the episodes that are outside that 8days should still show up in Folder view.

Yah this bug has been around for a little while now. Luckily after a nightly reboot or even just waiting a few hours they seem to show up (so far.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yah this bug has been around for a little while now. Luckily after a nightly reboot or even just waiting a few hours they seem to show up (so far.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I never see more than 20% of what is there. A nightly reboot may bring some items to the screen but never more than 20% based on the slide indicator on the right side of the screen. And most of the show I want to move do not show up within that 20% grouping. I may get a few by changing to A-Z view instead of recording date, but still not a good situation.

IT HAS BEEN VERY FRUSTRATING. ARE YOU LISTENING DIRT.

Have you tried group by name? You are experiencing the consequence of the limit on how many can be selected at once for transfer.

Yes I have tried all the combinations and variations I can think of. I can get a few items this way, but each variation still limits me to the 20% view within that grouping.
many shows simply fit only in the gaps and can not be seen to be selected for transfer.

You know it's someone other than Dirt who addresses such issues. No doubt they have passed this up the chain months ago.

If I don't keep beating this dead horse, who will.

i finally had a Dish tech out today to hook up my second Hopper and Joey without cables running across the floor.
i asked him about this problem and he was clueless. However, he did a great job with my assistance of fishing the wires through the walls. Moved in the end of Jan, finally have second Hopper connected and working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)