EHD Issues with new Hopper upgrade

misbehaving

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I upgraded to a Hopper/Joey setup last week and in preparation for that switch I installed an EHD (WD) and copied all of the recordings from my 722K onto it. Everything seemed to proceed normally. After the upgrade I had difficulty getting the Hopper to recognize the EHD, but after numeous re-boots and unplugs...it finally recognized it. The problem came when I tried to watch something from the EHD. The show would play normally for about 10 minutes and then end with a pop window stating recording had ended. This happened with every show I tried to watch. Then I attempted to move the recordings from the EHD to the Hopper -- thinking maybe that would help -- but the recordings would not transfer, ending with another pop up message stating the transfer could not be performed. I have hours and hours of television on this EHD which right now is unavailable to me. Anybody have any ideas?

My External Drive Transfer Experience

In preparation for my Hopper/Joey install, I purchased a WD 2TB USB 3.0 External hard drive. I moved the contents of a Vip722 and a Vip722K to the external
drive. After the install I moved the contents of the external drive to the hopper (~200 files} - I know the conventional wisdom is to watch the contents from the
external drive but I want to use the drive to backup my computer.

All files were moved successfully.

This problem is the same one I experienced with a 922 when I brought over material on my EHD to it...also please see my thread on my new hopper w/sling not recognizing my 2 ehd's....under "Need Dirt Help"....it turns out there is a software glitch and I re-installed my original Hopper with a sling adapter and just shipped back the new Hopper w/sling.....I'll revisit the need for an upgrade in about a year and see if its worth it, kinda of like when I sent back a 922 and kept my 722....things are getting buggy on the hopper w/sling....very disappointing!

Try plugging it into different Hopper USB ports.

...the Hopper w/sling has software issues....stay with the original hopper for awhile and add a sling adapter.

What software issues does the HWS have? I currently have one of each and don't see any differences besides the the obvious, built in sling and transfers capabilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)