EHD Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

markcosenza

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
My external HD was working fine for a few years on my VIP 622 and now it constantly loses all of the programming (whereas the receiver stops recognizing it and says it needs to reformat everything and reboot). It's a regular occurrence so it probably isn't in my best interest to try and back it up. Just wondering if anyone else had the issue and can speculate if the issue is with the Hard Drive or the Receiver. I'd buy a new HD, but fear that if the HD is not the issue, the same thing will happen.

MY EHD for our 211K has also quit. It is not recognized and we cannot enjoy the shows already recorded on it.

Dish Tech Chat told me it is a known problem @this time and has given me $10.00 for the next 5 months.

Wifey not happy. 622 already recording and the 211K was for duplicate recording times, especially on Thursdays.

:)

My external HD was working fine for a few years on my VIP 622 and now it constantly loses all of the programming (whereas the receiver stops recognizing it and says it needs to reformat everything and reboot). It's a regular occurrence so it probably isn't in my best interest to try and back it up. Just wondering if anyone else had the issue and can speculate if the issue is with the Hard Drive or the Receiver. I'd buy a new HD, but fear that if the HD is not the issue, the same thing will happen.

Did you talk to tech support or just a CSR? Many times, people have needed a new "hit" of their household code.

I don't think this can be determined right away since she had me reboot the system again, but right now it's hooked up to my 722 and it's still working fine, but it's only been 3 days. I really won't know until perhaps 30 days if it still is intact. I wonder if it can have anything to do with me adjusting the setting to record directly to external hard drive. I think the problems started then... hmmm. Well, anyway, it may be awhile until I know for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)