EHD message on Hopper 3 tonight

PirateTodd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Ohio
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1481266142.442148.jpg

One of my EHD have not been working the past few days and when I disconnected it and plugged it back into Hopper I got this message. I sure how there is a way around this. It was working just fine a few days ago. Any suggestions ?

Reactions: UnSub
You mention 'one of my EHD.' That implies that you have more than one. Now does the second one work on that same receiver? Which receiver are you using? Is the EHD that is not working today plugged into the same receiver that it was working on the other day? Do you have more than one EHD plugged in at the same time on that receiver?

Yes I have one other EHD attached. Second one works with no problem. I have the Hopper 3. Yes the one that is not working has always been plugged into this receiver and usually both are always plugged into receiver at same time

Yes I have one other EHD attached. Second one works with no problem. I have the Hopper 3. Yes the one that is not working has always been plugged into this receiver and usually both are always plugged into receiver at same time
Try this, Take both EHD's off of the Hopper 3. Unplug the Hopper 3 for a minute then plug it back in. After you get the entire boot up to finish, plug the EHD that doesn't work properly back in. Does it work now? If it does, plug the second one back in. do they both work now?

Try this, Take both EHD's off of the Hopper 3. Unplug the Hopper 3 for a minute then plug it back in. After you get the entire boot up to finish, plug the EHD that doesn't work properly back in. Does it work now? If it does, plug the second one back in. do they both work now?

I tried this and when I plugged in the one not working it says it needs to be reformatted in order to work. I really don't want to lose all the recordings on it :(

Contact DIRT and have them send a hit to see if that helps.
So what is DIRT. As a new dish customer that is tech savvy I feel like a sticky post for these acronyms on this site need to be created. I would make it, but I haven't figured out 75% of them yet.
H3, EHD, 50.0, bla bla bla. Yes these I finally figured out. Hopper three, external HD and 50 remote. But I keep running across more and more.
To a new customer to dish and finding this site that seems to have a lot of great information, but if you don't understand the acronyms then the information is useless.
Anyone know if someone maybe already created this post for newbies?

Several people on the other Dish forum have had the issues & the new update fixed it. If you have latest software version 332 & still have a problem contact someone - otherwise just wait till your receiver gets it. Do not format your EHD.

I didn't reformat it yet. I'm holding out hope. I don't have new update yet so I'll keep my fingers crossed

Reactions: Tampa8
So what is DIRT. As a new dish customer that is tech savvy I feel like a sticky post for these acronyms on this site need to be created. I would make it, but I haven't figured out 75% of them yet.
H3, EHD, 50.0, bla bla bla. Yes these I finally figured out. Hopper three, external HD and 50 remote. But I keep running across more and more.
To a new customer to dish and finding this site that seems to have a lot of great information, but if you don't understand the acronyms then the information is useless.
Anyone know if someone maybe already created this post for newbies?

Welcome aboard! Hang around for a little while and you will figure things out quick enough.

Yeah I have been waiting for a couple days now to get U332. I have been putting it into standy-by but only the guide update downloads. I usually get the updates quickly but not this one. I contacted dish support via chat and they could not really do anything.
Since I got U331 on 10/21, one of my EHDs has not worked but the other one has been fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts