EHD question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
If I get an EHD for my dvr, will I lose all of the recordings on it?

If I get an EHD for my dvr, will I lose all of the recordings on it?
If you add an esata drive to your DVR, you don't lose the existing recordings on the internal drive but you can't access them with the external disk connected. To view the programming on the internal drive, you need to disconnect the external one. Doing this very often is not recommended because the connector isn't really designed for multiple disconnects.

If you add an esata drive to your DVR, you don't lose the existing recordings on the internal drive but you can't access them with the external disk connected. To view the programming on the internal drive, you need to disconnect the external one. Doing this very often is not recommended because the connector isn't really designed for multiple disconnects.

The esata connectors aren't all that secure, but I have never heard of issues with multiple use other than they have a tendency to fall out.

do i have to use esata, or do usb external drives work?

does any external drive with an esata port work?
what is the stock hard drive space for the hr22?

Stock in HR22 is 500gb. Most 1TB-2TB external drives with ESATA work fine. Some of the old (1-2 year ago) free agent pro (seagate) drives had issues. Most anything out there today will work. Just buy it from some place that lets you return it if it doesn't work, just incase.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)