EHD question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank7004

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
Indiana
With the anticipation of the 922 being free on Oct 1 (for most customers) .....the boss said I could do the upgrade but is a bit bummed that we will lose some programs on the DVR.

Question is: EHD's are compatible with all receivers on your account, correct? So when my 722 gets deactivated and the 922 gets activated, will the EHD work on the new 922...programming and all?

With the anticipation of the 922 being free on Oct 1 (for most customers) .....the boss said I could do the upgrade but is a bit bummed that we will lose some programs on the DVR.

Question is: EHD's are compatible with all receivers on your account, correct? So when my 722 gets deactivated and the 922 gets activated, will the EHD work on the new 922...programming and all?

Yes, the EHD can be used between the 722 and the 922.

They can not cross EHD families without requiring a format though (listed below)

Archiving Family - 612/622/722/722k/922

Conversion Family - 211/211k/411

Example: A 211k and a 722k can not share, but a 612 and 722k can

Grade A customers can get the free upgrade

Grade A customers can get the free upgrade
Why in the world would you want to, at $4.00 a month more (and a new 2 yr commitment). Point is, they probably won't even be able to give them away...at least to people who are smart enough to get all the the facts.

Last edited:
The 922 is in a league of its own. Looking at it on paper is totally different than seeing it in person.

I won't pay $200 up front for it...I will take it for a two year commitment and pay the $4 extra a month for it (for its extra features)

The 922 is in a league of its own. Looking at it on paper is totally different than seeing it in person.

I won't pay $200 up front for it...I will take it for a two year commitment and pay the $4 extra a month for it (for its extra features)

I agree with you....seems some folks on here have to question one's rationale that is not to their liking....I say to each his own. There are reasons for marketing free sling adapters with rebates and then after a period of time receivers are offered with incentives.....each customer has a niche for a product and what it offers....Dish is fulfilling that with this new offer.....I thought long and hard about the sling adapter rebate and felt if I hung in longer I would find a better deal for my needs and this is it.....never could understand sending in money to be held for a company to use while I waited for a long time to "get my money back".....George Carlin had lots of comedy based on these things. With regard to $4/mo. I have never ordered a pay per view movie as I just wait until it is on my premium package....heck one HD PPV is more than $4/mo.....this is all so silly....I am grateful Dish is offering marketing options.....growth is flat in the industry so like the Blockbuster deal they are looking at more options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)