EHD Throughout The House

Agreed, the ability to watch the stuff we've dumped to the EHD on one Hopper, from the OTHER Hopper, would be my biggest request (outside of a few bug fixes)

I asked the same question last year. When I had a 722, I could access my ehd from DRA. I was told by a member of DIRT that it was a glitch in the 722 software. I asked for the glitch to be brought back.

I asked the same question last year. When I had a 722, I could access my ehd from DRA. I was told by a member of DIRT that it was a glitch in the 722 software. I asked for the glitch to be brought back.

Seriously, out of all the bugs they have yet to fix, they had to "fix" the one bug that was useful?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

As wishes go, could we have EHD access from DishAnywhere, please.
-Ken
I would like this also. One problem I see for long time DishAnywhere use ( full summer or winter vacationers ) is keeping the EHD powered on without going to sleep and being available when you want to access them. Some EHD manufacturers have a no sleep option or easy exit from sleep. Other manufacturers have terrible return from sleep problems. Then there would be the always on heat considerations.

That's why I and I know many others confidently & highly recommend the Western Digital (And I suggest powered) EHD's. No sleep problems, I have three, two that are always connected with 0 problems.

Thought I'd give this a bump. Thanks for all the replies. It seems it's definitely on a lot of people's wish list. I was hoping to get a reply from dish tech as to whether this is being worked on, or not possible at all. Just to clarify, can Hopper1 see and play the EHD on Hopper2?

Just to clarify, can Hopper1 see and play the EHD on Hopper2?
A Hopper can see it's own EHDs. Joeys can see the EHD of the Hopper they are linked to.

EHDs cannot be viewed between Hoppers.

A Joey linked to Hopper1 can see Hopper2's internal DVR content, but not the EHDs. On a Joey you have the option to move the link to Hopper2 and then have access to 2's EHD.

Thank you again for adding to the discussion. I think we all know the current capabilities, what I'm looking for is future capabilities. Once again, is this being worked on by dish for a future upgrade or is it not possible to do?

A Hopper can see it's own EHDs. Joeys can see the EHD of the Hopper they are linked to.

EHDs cannot be viewed between Hoppers.

A Joey linked to Hopper1 can see Hopper2's internal DVR content, but not the EHDs. On a Joey you have the option to move the link to Hopper2 and then have access to 2's EHD.
On my joey it says the ehd is not an available function. My hopper sees and plays it fine. I have i hopper and one joey and they are linked. I unplugged the power to the joey and reset but still no go. It is all set up as shared. Im not sure what the problem is. Any ideas? Thanks.

The problem is on Dish's end. Software fix is in the works.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

On my joey it says the ehd is not an available function. My hopper sees and plays it fine. I have i hopper and one joey and they are linked. I unplugged the power to the joey and reset but still no go. It is all set up as shared. Im not sure what the problem is. Any ideas? Thanks.

The problem is on Dish's end. Software fix is in the works.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think the OP is trying to access the EHD on the Joey by going to Menu and then External Hard Drive. The Joey can't do that, only the Hopper will allow you to transfer from it's internal to external. The OP needs to press DVR and then go up one level and over to whatever his Hopper is called (mine is called Living Room 1). From there a press of Select should bring up the drop down box that will include the EHD.

Press the DVR button. The EHD should be listed in the Color coded menu at the top. It was missing on my Joey after the last update but a re-boot fixed that. That said there are still EHD issues with S419 on the original Hopper.

Like this. This is from my Joey. External Device 1 is my John Wayne EHD.

20131227_102606_zpsa3deec95.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts