EHDTransfer

athek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Eastern Washington
Anyone else having problems transferring large amounts of data from the hopper to the EHD? I am trying to transfer about 2tb of data. For some reason nothing transfers even though the transfer has been ongoing for 12 or more hours.

Would be helpful to enable the ESata port as well.

Only other option would be to try smaller chunks at a time?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It does work with one show, even several but for some reason not all of them. I am using a wd 2tb with a Blackx. The red light is blinking so I know it's working.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you are transferring 2TB to a 2TB EHD that's most likely the problem There isn't 2TB of space on that EHD.

The internal HD is a lot less than 2TB because part is reserved for On Demand or other. It is more like 1.231TB it says in the transfer routine for Total Space on my H2000. There is even less on earlier models.

Also a disk maker's 2TB is 2*10^9 not the computer 2*1024^3, a smaller adjustment.
-Ken

Does the 999 programs limit still exist on the EHD?

Last I heard after there are 999 programs on the EHD, any more moves do not show up until something else is removed or deleted.

Does the 999 programs limit still exist on the EHD?

Last I heard after there are 999 programs on the EHD, any more moves do not show up until something else is removed or deleted.

Yeah on the EHD there's still the 999 limit. Limit doesn't exist on the internal drive, though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Then how is it my H2000 has a 1862GB (2TB) EHD with 1095 recordings and 100% used and it says I have 7GB left?
For other things I sometimes have to switch to No Folders to get all recordings although not so far for this drive.
I didn't actually check the number of recordings by count or folder totals but it looks like all are there.
I did play a little of the last/oldest recording.
-Ken

My experience has been with a VIP receiver while there is a 999 limit on the EHD, that does not apply to getting it recorded to the EHD. What I mean is, after 999 the shows will be there, you just can't see them until you delete down to 999.

Now the transfer function won't "see" one of my programs. I've tried to sort the titles various ways, even reboot the hard drive and hopper.

There needs to be a function where you can click on your program and send it directly to the EHD. I'm actually surprised that isn't a function yet with everything else that the hopper can do.

Check if you have "Folders by Title" turned on. This may limit the number of items displayed to say 36, IIRC. Change it to "No Folders" which will likely list each event and it may be a very long list. Also check TV Activity (red from viewing) and see if any output is on the recording. That will not let you move or change the recording. Luck,
-Ken

I tired that and it didn't make any difference. I have over 1 tb of free space on my EHD so that shouldn't be a problem. I am down to my last 2 programs, both of them were moved from the prime time folder over to my recordings.

The programmers really need to implement the option to send the program directly the the EHD.

The programmers really need to implement the option to send the program directly the the EHD.
I don't think it likely to happen as you would be doing like a 211 does with a dedicated drive. You certainly would not be able to list or otherwise access the external while it was recording and the programmers can't be assured of the transfer bandwidth for the whole recording time. The internal is buffering this operation for you and then transfers at faster than real time.
-Ken

I have some that give me a 855 error when trying to transfer and I noticed each on of those show filesize as 0.000 gb! of course, when trying to calculate transfer rates, this will error out. Is there some wway to fix the file size error?

The original program is in PrimeTime. I saved it to copy it to no name folder. The original program has filessize in it, but the copy does not. Seems this worked once as I never had a problem with transfer before the last update. But I have not used it for awhile.

Last edited:
Yes, all PTAT saved gets file size of 0 and fail. If I transfer anything from no folders to ehd, it is fine because they have a filesize. I am going to try another way.Like playing th eptat recording and recording it at the same time.

Are you waiting until after the 8 day expiration to do your transfers? I thought I read that saved PTAT events couldn't be transferred until after the 8-day window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)