Either no signal or windows error!

liftn

Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
OK, I was running fine for a few weeks. Now all of a sudden, my screen kept saying waiting for channel line up, and would never get the line up. So I updated to the latest version. Now If I do get the channel lineup, I only get music for about 3 min then I get an error message. It says something with Kernal32. Anyonehave any ideas?

Thanks

Brian

I would be sure to upgrade to their NEWEST release on the download page.

I personally have rolled all the way back to TimeTrax Version 3.2 which has been the MOST stable for me...

PM me if you need older versions or search the forum here, I thought I saw a post from the TT people that were allowing downloads of previous versions.

thanks... I wish it was a little easier to find, not many of us call is TT classic, just TT considering its now "recast" and NOT TT Recast... but I get it :)

Thank you for the helpful clarification. I'm glad you're around- I don't know what we would do without you. Probably just be confused.

dserianni said:
TimeTrax Classic is available from our site at:

http://www.timetraxtech.com/tt_download_index.asp

We are not forcing anyone to upgrade to Recast unless they want to.

Derek

I just happened to notice on the TT website:

"Original TimeTrax:

If you wish to download TimeTrax Classic the last stable version is available here.

TimeTrax Classic is no longer a supported product, technical support tickets will not be answered.

This should only be used by registered users of TimeTrax as it will require an activation code
."

I understand that you are not FORCING anyone to go to Recast, but in light of the fact that so many are having trouble with it, do you really think it is fair NOT to answer support tickets for the only software (classic) that most everyone CAN use? Some people may have JUST purchased their kit along with "classic" and may be in need of assistance.

This brings me to another question:

As we move forward and the software changes again (whether by upgrade or by a different name all together). Will those who choose to stay where they are (software wise), be left unsupported by TT?

This is of special concern as many people are still very uneasy regarding the expiration date in their record log.

Dan

As we move forward and the software changes again (whether by upgrade or by a different name all together). Will those who choose to stay where they are (software wise), be left unsupported by TT?

Basically, yes. HOWEVER, for the time being, no one has anything to worry about. We are working to get back on track. Once we have a product out there that we are comfortable with, we will not continue to indefinitely support earlier versions. Right now we are being as flexible as we can to get customers whatever version they are comfortable with and meets there needs. If they need support we're helping, but those numbers are small.

So for now we are doing our best to help everyone out and putting out fires. It seems like things are coming together reasonably well. The software is just about ready, we are implementing new processes that should serve our users better and we're feeling good about it.

As a side note - one of those new processes will be the release sequence for the upcoming release. We've had some amazing help from the TT community of users, so it has been used 'out in the wild' a bit with good success. The software will first go into a public beta period (which will not prompt users to upgrade within the app). Once we've collected feedback and dealt with any outstanding issues it will be upgraded to a full release candidate that will be signed off on by our CEO, Elliott after he is in direct contact with users that were specifically experiencing and reporting the issues that are addressed in the release. This process is set to begin next week.

Finally, as an FYI to help everyone keep some perspective and have some context, TT has tens of thousands of customers, the majority of which are running without problems on our Recast release platform right now. The percentage of users with known problems (reported) is well under 1%. BUT, that by no means justifies the scale of the problems that exist and ANY of our users are experiencing nor does it justify the run around and delays that those customers experienced. We're trying to work directly and personally with all of the effected customers to do our best to make up for our missteps. I hope we are doing right by those folks. (as posted before, if anyone has an open ticket that has not been handled or is causing heartburn, send a PM and I'll look into it ASAP).

David
Time Trax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts