Electric lawn mowers / snow blowers...opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to move to somewhere where it NEVER snows, or at least cant lay for more than a few minutes.....

kissimmee florida kinda weater

And there, you can enlist the mermaids to do your lawn (ala weeki wachee) :D.

Ah, weather.

I have to say, though, spending a good portion of my Sunday at the new house and doing spring cleaning (gutter cleaning/garage sweeping, yard pick-up etc), there's nothing like the euphoria of a really beautiful day after a long winter to make you feel alive.

Back to OT, though, is there consensus that the electric mowers' pro/con are basically:
Good--No maintenance hassles, quiet, eco-friendly. Bad--less power/performance, esp when dealing w/ wet grass and uneven surfaces.

I'm quite torn, here. I really want a durable, no hassle tool here (i.e. I want it to work for a long time to come w/out headache), and I wonder which one of the choices is really the most robust. While originally sold on the electric for our small/med size yard, the fact that parts of our back yard are a bit soggy at times (a recent unpleasant discovery) makes me think the electrics might not, ahem, cut it.

Attachments

• normal_Amy Feb08-06 039.jpg
    normal_Amy Feb08-06 039.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Kind of late in the season, but woot ( Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM) ) has a battery powered mower as its daily item. Good price at $299, as I was looking at this model at $450 back in April. I eventually decided that for $200 less I could deal with the cord, but this deal comes in just above the price I paid for the corded one.

Nice. Thanks for the deal spot. Gotta love Woot.

Too bad I'd already purchased a gas model (decent deal on a top-rated Toro--don't regret it really).

But if there's a good deal on an electric snow blower on down the line, I'd love to hear about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts