Elite Firmware

sony1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Help

Azbox need complete upgrade.

What is the most stable firmware for the Elite ?

If these are stable versions then why don't they show up in the Azbox setup menu? Do we have d/l them now and then install off a USB stick?

JohnnyNobody,

Some versions of the firmware that are available are obtained from the daily snapshot site. These are "beta" versions of the upcoming official versions. They are works in progress and not guaranteed by OpenSat. They are simply available for the avid tester to experiment with and help the programmers by testing them out before they release the firmware as an official version.

These "test" versions won't appear on the AZBox setup (URL) site since they are not officially released firmwares. They are just there for the avid tester. See the link in Putney's post.

I have installed and tested every beta version firmware that they have offered and have not experienced any unusual troubles with any one of them. The problems that I experience are running problems that OpenSat has not yet corrected, but their beta firmwares have never given me any troubles.

Up to the present version (either official or beta test) I think you can trust them all. If you experience problems with any version up through the present (beta 0.9.4890), you are either doing something wrong or the problem is a pre-existing glitch that they just have not corrected as of yet.

Most of the improvements that they make to the firmwares don't really affect FTA satellite functions. I wish they would address these concerns, but they seem to be focusing on the YouTube and browser functions and the satellite stuff for European and Asian markets. Therefore, the alterations rarely seem to change anything for N.A. FTA users. Once in a while they do, but not often.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts