Ellen DeGeneres Out at 'American Idol,' Jennifer Lopez Replaced Her

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
FOXNews.com - Ellen DeGeneres Out at 'American Idol,' Jennifer Lopez Could Replace Her

All I can say, is about time. She was never a good pic for the show, as she is in no way connected to the music business.

J-Lo is a good pic to replace her though, as she is a proven singer that can give good tips to contestants.

It's also reported that Kara Dioguardi was fired. A shame as she wasn't to bad. When Paula left, they should have just gone to a 3-judge panel then, and not even brought in Ellen.

As for getting rid of Randy Jackson, that would be stupid as well. Next thing you know is X-Factor will have all 3 original American Idol judges, and people will watch that instead of American Idol. Cowell has already said he'd like Paula to be with him on it, why not bring Randy along as well if Idol cans him.

I think Kara is very good. I don't like J-Lo. More because I think she is a bad actress, but she can sing, so maybe she will do ok.

Also don't like the idea of Stephen Tyler. If X-Factor gets Paula and Randy, I can see American Idol ending in a few years and X-Factor being the show that everyone watches. (It happened in the UK with Pop Idol and X-Factor).

Ellen spent most of her time parroting whatever Randy said, so it became obvious fairly early on that she wasn't a good fit for the show.

Kara was interesting to watch, but it appears she's leaving too.

Steve Tyler would be a bad joke. Um...who's judging the current auditions if everyone's leaving? That must be a mess...

So we are looking at only Randy Jackson (the only one) that will remain on American Idol this coming year? This to me is a sign that the show could have jumped the shark althought it supposedly still gets the highest ratings. The judges have been on the show for a long time though too so one has to think about that.

I say lose all the existing judges and change the whole show up . Might as well go for broke ,since this season will most likely be the last one. This show has definitely jumped the shark.

It'd be amusing if Simon, Paula and Randy ended up on X-Factor and AI had a whole new judging panel this upcoming season... :)

Yeah that would be pretty funny.

I think AI has definitely dropped to new lows; Ellen was a stupid add; I despised Kara the first year, but actually liked her the second year; but in the end, I think the very notion of the way they let people vote ruins the show -- people dialing hundreds of times or more just skews way too much, and ends up with poor results.

Idol could end today and I would not miss it.

Yeah that would be pretty funny.

I think AI has definitely dropped to new lows; Ellen was a stupid add; I despised Kara the first year, but actually liked her the second year; but in the end, I think the very notion of the way they let people vote ruins the show -- people dialing hundreds of times or more just skews way too much, and ends up with poor results.

Idol could end today and I would not miss it.

:up

long_time_DNC said:
He's a bit creepy, but (surprisingly), he's got a better sense of humor than Ellen did. Jen is nice.

I disagree totally he is not creepy at all actually I think he's pretty cool

He's a bit creepy, but (surprisingly), he's got a better sense of humor than Ellen did. Jen is nice.
And more important, he's actually in the music business.

I miss Simon's brutal honesty, he would give great tips to contestants. Randy is picking up some of that slack, but it's not quite the same. I miss having 2 producers who could offer different sets of tips from the producing side of the house.

Steven seems more of a cheerleader than Paula was, and J-Lo isn't much different.

I think that, many times, Simon was just too brutal, but yeah, I miss that to a degree also. Randy is only one vote and knows that some of those people just shouldn't have been given tickets, but the majority rules. J-Lo made it clear, right away, that she's the "soft touch" judge...she doesn't like telling people "no" or giving them bad news. That's going to be a problem during Hollywood week if she doesn't toughen up by then.

Tyler is a cheerleader, I agree. Think that's where some of his humor comes from.

It's going to be a very different season this year, with all stage people on the panel. It'll be interesting to see what kind of talent makes it to the final 12...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts