Elusive NBCs on AMC1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Tried to lock onto these NBC channels on AMC1 last night... constantly rotated the screw to no avail...no peep out of 11760 h 30000.
Wondering how many folks here have had success w/ these?

Cheers, K

I get 11760 great and very easy on my 90cm(3') dish. I get the others but they are touchy. Dish has to be spot on.

Do you recall your LNB skew? I tried 10d, 20d, 40, and 90. The only thing I didnt put upside-down was the dish itself.

Cheers, K

It worked best for me somewhere between 2 and 4 skew. It supposed to be 24 here. I have actually got them to lock before with a 0 skew.

Tried to lock onto these NBC channels on AMC1 last night... constantly rotated the screw to no avail...no peep out of 11760 h 30000.
Wondering how many folks here have had success w/ these?

Cheers, K

I'm using a dedicated 1.2m Dish for it. I get all of them. Make sure that your skew is set right, remember the KU skew on the bird is about 26.0° off. See here to calculate your skew. Just enter your ZIP code and calculate the satellite setup parameters for your location, and it will include the skew for 103.0°W.

Just ran out and did a quick check and I am in fact getting the best signal on them with a 0 or no skew. So that is 24 degs on here.

I also get them with good quality (73% on Openbox S9) on a motorized 90cm, and that is with a standard (zero degrees at apex) skew.

I could only get the single transponder with the mountain/west coast feed on my old dish, which was a 32-inch dish, and that was really difficult to get.

Now I've upgraded to a 1-meter dish they all come in fine with no skew change.

patiently waiting for my 1.2 ordered from satelliteav. they said it ships today with a microhd receiver. receiver the dg380 motor the other day. the motor has the big shaft so i hope it will work with the dish. charlie

It says -3.5 R for skew for me. Not sure if that caculates what I've done though, I just put a 1m dish on 103, fixed mount. Scanned the channels, adjusted skew until signal levels were about even on both H/V. Those channels seem to be working out ok at night (when programming is on most of them). I'd drool over a 1.2m dish for those S2 channels though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)