Emanuel Stewart...boxing icon, dead at 68!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
This guy to me, was one of the greatest cornermen in the history of the fight game.. I LOVED listening to the boxing knowledge that came from this man's brain.

VERY sad day for boxing fans!

Kronk Gym boxing icon Emanuel Steward died today, his sister, Diane Steward-Jones, told the Free Press.

Steward, who had been in a Chicago-area hospital for several weeks after undergoing surgery for what was termed diverticulitis, died at 2:46 p.m. Detroit time, Steward-Jones said. He was 68.

Steward-Jones, who handled business and public relations for Steward, said she and several family members were by his side.

“He has passed – he’s gone home,” Steward-Jones said by phone. “He was in no pain, and we sang to him, as well as did the doctors present. He had loved ones around him.”

Steward-Jones said even toward the end her brother tried to recruit male nurses and other medical staff to box for him.

http://www.freep.com/article/201210...steward-detroit-kronk-boxing?odyssey=nav|head

Yea he managed some of the greats and I enjoyed him as a commentator.

Just read about this today. Saw Mr Steward a few times now in the Montreal area; real class act. A true loss to the boxing community and the world.

Cheers,K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)