Emerald City

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
I thought the newer movie wasn't that good. I might watch the Pilot just to see how bad it is.

Swept up into the eye of a tornado, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale (Adria Arjona) is transported to another world - a mystical land where an all-powerful ruler (Vincent D'Onofrio) governs over one kingdom, has outlawed magic, and faces not only the wrath of a growing cauldron of witches but a looming disaster brought on by a mythical force. Epic, romantic and fantastical, "Emerald City" is an empowering tale of a young woman finding her true strength and identity even as she battles to bring a divided world together.

Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Ana Ularu, Mido Hamada, Jordan Loughran, Gerran Howell and Joely Richardson also star. David Schulner, Shaun Cassidy, Josh Friedman and Matthew Arnold serve as executive producers. The series is directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, who also serves as an executive producer. "Emerald City" is a Universal Television production.

http://www.nbc.com/emerald-city

S~

Inspired by GoT, to a large degree. A lot more risqué than I expected to see on Prime Time TV. I've been watching via the NBC player app so I'm not too shocked.

At first I thought they might be using the La Sagrada Familia cathedral in Barcelona as the towers for Emerald City, but I think it may be more as inspiration and crossed with the Petronas Towers:
article-2440014-034BD788000005DC-568_470x706.jpg
b1b76fec4ab03688b50c533b7cd1cef0.jpg

I can say this, it isn't anywhere near a clone of the ABC "Once Upon a Time" version... I'll keep watching for now.

I did a double take when I heard "Breathe" by Pink Floyd as Dorothy wandered the streets of Emerald City, but I liked it! I thought the change to ruby gauntlets from slippers was an imaginative twist.

So now we know who Princess Ozma is. Did everyone else give up on this adaptation?

Well, that fizzled out. I was enjoying it up until the halfway point of the season finale. Like "Timeless", I wonder if we're left with all these loose ends that we, the viewers, will never see resolved. Bah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)