Mob City on TNT - Cancelled

Anyone seen the premiere?
So far in the first episode most of it takes place in Los Angeles 1947. Throwbacks to the 1920's show the start of many of the mob's notorious characters. The anti-hero of ep 1 is a former marine, now detective who is not above doing murder for love of a woman.. Love the film noir style. The clubs, the music and of course the dames. :cool:

I finally watched part 1 of this miniseries last night. I have had them on the DVR for a while but the 2 hour runtime for each episode kept making me push it back. Last night I finally realized that these 3 parts are actually 2 episodes each so I planned on watching just the first half of part one last night. I was hooked enough to stay up a little past my bedtime and watch the whole 2 hours of part 1. From what I have seen it looks like a good cable miniseries that would typically be reserved for a premium like HBO. Now that I am no longer paying for HBO I'm happy to see that kind of stuff making it's way to the basic cable channels.

Last edited:
'Mob City' Canceled at TNT

"Mob City was created as a three-week television event and we are incredibly proud of the six hours we presented of this remarkable drama. Although the ratings of the limited series haven't warranted more hours we are eager to work with Frank Darabont again and were delighted to bring the vibrant world of Mob City to life," a Turner spokesperson said.

hollywoodreporter.com

I feel like TNT intentionally burned it off...little promo, running back to back dual episodes...at Christmas time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)