emergency retailer chat?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok then.

How about HD Content compaired to a group full of handfull naked women? :)

You still can't have enough.

Relax and enjoy what you have now. :D

OK, but mine has stretch marks and the * button isn't working. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Jerry, please don't take this the wrong way.

People got the first HD Channels and they wanted more.

New HD Channels were added... People were happy for like 45 minutes... Then they wanted more HD Channels...

No matter how many HD channels are up there many HD fans will not be satisfied they will still want more HD Channels.

It's like being a millionare, you may have a lot of money but you still want more.

Truth of the matter is you can never get enough of a good thing. :D

Not neccessarily...

I understand that there are not that many HD channels around right now, but, that looks to be changing this year. May we assume that as they become available, they'll be added to the HD package without further cost?

The one real gripe I have about the HD package is ESPN-HD. Simply put, they do maybe 1% in HD. Everything else is upconverted and stretched. (and it looks like garbage) E* should put pressure on ESPN to either really do HD or drop ESPN-HD until they actually buy some HD cameras. I've seen only 1 game that was HD so far in the last two weeks. I have probably missed some but I don't bother with ESPN-HD anymore, they're a joke!

Harry said:
Not neccessarily...

I understand that there are not that many HD channels around right now, but, that looks to be changing this year. May we assume that as they become available, they'll be added to the HD package without further cost?

The only channels I can think of that are announced to be added this year are TNT-HD and Spice/Playboy HD. I would be very surprised if TNT-HD was not added this year. I hope the latter is not. I suspect a few more channels may be announced before the year is out, but I believe that's all at the moment. The rest are already out.

Harry said:
The one real gripe I have about the HD package is ESPN-HD. Simply put, they do maybe 1% in HD. Everything else is upconverted and stretched. (and it looks like garbage) E* should put pressure on ESPN to either really do HD or drop ESPN-HD until they actually buy some HD cameras. I've seen only 1 game that was HD so far in the last two weeks. I have probably missed some but I don't bother with ESPN-HD anymore, they're a joke!

To my knowledge, ESPN-HD is supposed to start airing more HD programming this summer after their new studios are built.

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
The only channels I can think of that are announced to be added this year are TNT-HD and Spice/Playboy HD. I would be very surprised if TNT-HD was not added this year. I hope the latter is not. I suspect a few more channels may be announced before the year is out, but I believe that's all at the moment. The rest are already out.

To my knowledge, ESPN-HD is supposed to start airing more HD programming this summer after their new studios are built.

~Alan

That explains the ESPN-HD lack of content. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with HD since I am picking up three locals (hopefully the other two will get their act together) and between those and the HD package, I get a pretty good amount of HD. HDNet is the best by far right now.

I wonder what all the HD equipment they used for football is doing now. I'd really expected yesterday's ABC NBA game to be in HD.

The last Emergency chat was the Super DIsh not longer on HD talk.

In that talk Charlie mentioned that if you want to future proof your installs you should think about also installing a Wing Sat 2nd Dish at 65.5

Maybe this one will be that the new Top 30 HD Package will require the 2nd Dish at either Wing sat with the Top 30 HD due out this summer and pricing will be out once Direct TV announces there new package.

Thye would call the new 2nd Dish the "DISH HD" or "Super HD Dish"

The Price war is on. Maybe this is the first step.

Anyone able to post Sound file attachments of the Chat so we can listen in, near real time while at work?

Just some ideas?

mikew said:
I wonder what all the HD equipment they used for football is doing now. I'd really expected yesterday's ABC NBA game to be in HD.

I read in some thread that ESPN only has 2 trucks that are HD broadcast capable, nationwide. :shocked

The emergency retailer charlie chat is simply because they failed to discuss any of the new promos that were supposed to be discussed on Jan 13. I doubt anything new will be discussed. I would call it an emergency though because they haven't formally discussed them and there are only 5 days left in the month. This doesn't change the fact that DHA is a disaster for a retailer. If you are all waiting for merger news or changes to the promotions from the facts blast that was just put up last week, you'll be dissappointed. I mean it took them like 3 weeks to finalize that thing. They won't be able to make major changes in less than a week.

ScottChez said:
Anyone able to post Sound file attachments of the Chat so we can listen in, near real time while at work?

don't worry - if they announce more HD on 61.5, you'll hear me from CT yelling...

ONE F'ING DISH - HOW HARD IS THAT???

wait a minute...

If DISH was/is defining themselves as the HD leader then I expect them to be at the forefront of providing HD content...

Right now Comcast and Cablevision are providing StarzHD, CinemaxHD, and INHD. Direct TV has announced FOX ED and CBSHD... DISH was months behind D* offering HDNet,HDNet Movies, and ESPNHD. I bought my 6000, paid for the year of DiscoveryHD, bought the 8PSK, and at the end of the day D* still looks like the better choice :no

I would appreciate if someone connected with this dealer chat would bring this issue up...

There is an issue with some of the retailers going through All Systems satellite distributors (perhaps retailers that are going through other distributors as well) that it will not allow them to accept the agreement online, just as myself. If you do not accept the agreement online and have to mail it in it says that you may not be a retailer for up to six weeks after this agreement at the end of the month expires. End result, retailers will no longer be able to sell the product for over a month, possibly lose their commissions, and residuals. This is a load of bull! Isn't my fault, why should I pay for their mistakes?

Mike500 said:
Something must be happening. I heard that there is a shortage of everything, including 301's and DishPro quads.

I heard the same- I talked to an installer locally this past weekend, and he said Dish is in big trouble... he said they are "out of EVERYTHING". I asked if he meant the 811 recievers-- he said "EVERYTHING- quad lnb's, 301's, you name it". I was supposed to swap out my dual lnb for a quad, and he ended up keeping the dual and using a dp44 instead.

At any rate- he said he's had to cancel tons and tons of installs because of just no inventory on lots of key items.

bsic said:
I heard the same- I talked to an installer locally this past weekend, and he said Dish is in big trouble... he said they are "out of EVERYTHING". I asked if he meant the 811 recievers-- he said "EVERYTHING- quad lnb's, 301's, you name it". I was supposed to swap out my dual lnb for a quad, and he ended up keeping the dual and using a dp44 instead.

At any rate- he said he's had to cancel tons and tons of installs because of just no inventory on lots of key items.

I certainly hope they address this concern in the chat today, seems to be to big of an issue not to address it and only speak of D* HD content vs. what they are going to do to match it....

I find it odd that despite the problems that their stock is up over 1% this morning and still rising, along with that, it has been rising over the past 5 days, and even over the past month. If they are having hardware shortages I dont see how their stock could still go up if they are out of hardware to get new customers. Something seems pretty odd with that to me.

Ok, HD content is not a topic that is worthy of an EMERGENCY RETAILER Charlie Chat. First of all that is not an EMERGENCY, an announcement regarding Indian channels affects more people. Secondly, programming announcements aren't a retailers #1 concern and are usually announce first to the customers. The equipment required for any new programming and the associated promos are the retailers #1 concern. This won't be about new HD programming announcements. That's not an emergency.

I would have to agree. Anything that would have an effect on their business or prevent them from getting additional activations to hardware shortages or retailers being very disgruntled preventing them from selling as many systems.

Murdoch is going to be coming out with some good things for the new and existing subscribers, and to make the retailers mad will allow DirecTv to prosper that much more and cost Dish Network that many more customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)