gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
toppick.cur.png

040913_emotiva_promo.jpg

040913_emotiva%20umc200_back.jpg

I really enjoyed my time with the UMC-200 and found it to be a stellar performer. If you’re on a tight budget and can live with its modest sacrifices, note that it’s only available factory direct via online purchase, though the company offers a full 30-day money-back guarantee (minus the return shipping costs) to allow you to audition its products in your own home for little financial risk. Additionally, Emotiva has an Upgrade for Life program, which offers any original owner of one of its processors 25 percent off any processor it sells, whether it’s a current model in stock or a model in the distant future. If you should decide later to purchase, say, the company’s pending flagship XMC-1 processor set to retail at $1,499, the discount alone would net you back more than half the cost of this high-value UMC-200 pre/pro.

Link

I am seriously thinking about Emotiva too. However, I am holding off on any receiver upgrades until next year, until HDMI 2.0 is finalized (later this year) and perhaps until it becomes clear which new audio codecs are going to accompany Ultra HD. I am not investing in any HDMI 1.4 equipment. I think it's going to be obsolete in just a few months...

Sent from my iPhone5 using SatelliteGuys

Yeap. Waiting, too. I think 1.4 will still work, it will just be limited to 30 hz instead of 60 for 4K. Onkyo/Integra will probably be the only ones available in a prepro anytime soon. Prepros aren't as expendable as te receiver market. Marantz 7701/8801just came out. They are on a two year schedule. I think Denon is dropping separates in the US again.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)