Encore HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That would be a nice addition. They added quite a bit to Starz last year, but didn't do anything with Encore.

Does everyone realize that the owners of DirecTV own the STARZ group of channels, including Encore? It would be somewhat of a black eye if Dish carried them but DirecTV didn't.

I feel fairly certain that DirecTV will be carrying EncoreHD on or very very near the release date.

When D 11 goes up, I expect their cap to be 150 HD channels, that would include pretty much all National Channels such as Comedy Central, CNN Headline, Fox News HD, and many others that are left out, and once D11 goes up I expect all premium channels to be HD too and possibly some new additions.

I think once D11 is up and running D* subs will be again celebrating the new HD channels just like we did last September

I just ditched Starz, Encore, and Cinemax

I searched my NetFlix queue on D* and could not find a single movie available to record other than via PPV. I ditched the above and am using the $18/month saved to up my NetFlix number of movies out at a time. I would ditch HBO and Showtime too were it not for there original programming. Weeds is worth having Showtime alone. I have also taken an old P4 and added an HDMI video card to stream Netflix movies. Not bad for a free add-on. The old board had a S/PDIF digital out that allows Dolby Digital (DD) pass through to my receiver. Warning: Be careful buying add-on S/PDIF digital out sound cards. They down convert to 2-channel. I was burned on two, TurleBeach and Diamond, until I discovered the old board had DD pass through built in. Okay for NetFlix as DD isn't streamed. Not okay for DVDs.

I've gone the other way. I don't own BlueRay, and I'm spoiled by HD, so my Netflix is less and less important all the time to me. I record my HD movies on the external drive and pray the DVR doesn't die and kill my collection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts