ENCORE MOVIE PACK

When ever a video store closes shop; Encore shows up to look for some vhs bargains:D

In reality it seems this channel is showing stuff that has already hit tbs and tnt.:mad:

Encore is commercial free and often OAR. TBS and TNT wouldn't know OAR if it smacked them in the face.

They also show theme shows, mystery, westerns like maverick. Commercial free is the key. and they come with the 250 package, I think.

Some of us enjoy 20 year old movies. I enjoy it as much as HBO or Starz. All that is missing is more HD channels in pack.

Yup, very well said. I really enjoy Encore movies because there older films. If you want modern day releases, HBO would be a better choice. I just wish that Encore would get a few more HD channels on E*.

how often are the movies updated in this package ? in other words how often do they add new movies ?

If they showed all new movies, there would be no need to call themselves "Encore". There's a lot in a name.

But seriously, when Encore first come out, they touted themselves showing the older movies that were no longer "mainstream", hence the name...

I love the Encore Channel itself, but I will admit I didn't watch the theme channels much when I had them.

However, most of them have a lot of stuff you won't find elsewhere. If you love westerns, I would imagine Encore Westerns would be invaluable, and I know Action and Mystery show old TV shows you won't find elsewhere.

Also, to be fair, most of the new movies on Starz make their way to Encore a few months later, they just don't show as often because there is much more variety.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)