Encore Movie Package a la carte now advertised on site

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
On the site, it has Channel 340-347 listed as the Encore Movie Package for $5.00/month. Are they going to offer the main Encore feed in SD or/and HD to those subbing to the pack? That would be wonderful. :) What would also be wonderful is if they also had Encore Wam as stated in the channel numbers. :) MoviePlex (channel 377) is not listed. Is it still included in the Encore Movie Pack?

The description reads as follows:
Encore Movie Package > Favorite movies you want to watch again and again

w80OAwfkJtBxwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Channel 340-347

The Encore Movie Package features hundreds of movies each month from a variety of genres such as Drama, Mystery, Action, Love, Westerns and more. With 8 commercial-free channels to choose from, you're sure to enjoy tons of your favorite movies and discover new ones!

Movie Plex (377) has not been included in the pack since I have had it, which is since it was ever offered. It has had EWAM. Encore should be in HD. Channel numbers are 340-347. Not in order, the channels are;
ELOVE
EDRAM
EMYST
EACTN
EWSTN
ENCRW
ENCORE
EWAM

Last edited:
This is not a new offering. That pack has been available for a long time, only where it is now listed is new.

You can, then it is a premium package, and it's called Starz! These channels are not offered in HD by Encore.

Movie Plex (377) has not been included in the pack since I have had it, which is since it was ever offered. It has had EWAM. Encore should be in HD. Channel numbers are 340-347. Not in order, the channels are;
ELOVE
EDRAM
EMYST
EACTN
EWSTN
ENCRW
ENCORE
EWAM

I wonder if you had some channels grandfathered in since you said you got it when it was first offered. We added it after dropping the 250 pack, and we did not get Encore East SD/HD and Encore Wam. However, we did get MoviePlex (channel 377).

I wounder if this means that they are going to take it off the AT 250 pack. Hope not, Encore and TMC are the only reasons I sub to that package.

No, like others have said, it has been a la carte for a while. They are just now advertising it. Encore is available a la carte or AT 250. I should also add that Encore East HD is available with the Starz premium package. TMC west feeds are available AT250 and Dish Latino Max.

Last edited:
If you talk to a CSR, they are still saying Channels 341-346 (Encore West, Encore Westerns, Encore Action, Encore Mystery, Encore Drama), and Encore Love) and 377 (MoviePlex). So, they are saying no Channel 340 (Encore HD or/and SD) or/and Channel 347 (Encore Wam). Therefore, it may be a site error unless they are changing the channels in the package "soon." It is still a mystery and somewhat funny as to why Encore (East) and Encore Wam are not included in the Encore pack. I suppose one cannot complain too much unless one is subbing to both Encore and Starz outside of the 250 package.

What may be site error? What I listed is what I get. As posted on the site. Order it and find out. Then we will have your confirmation. It's possible they are adding in Movie Plex as it is SD. But at this time it does not appear to be, it is in the Platinum pack.

http://www.starz.com/channels/encore

I called a CSR, and chatted. Phone CSR said 377 is included, but said it has always been. (not) Chat CSR said channel 340 to 347..... I guess someone new will have to sign up and see what they get. I have always had Encore but now have Starz for free, so I would have it now without the pack.

Last edited:
What may be site error? What I listed is what I get. As posted on the site. Order it and find out. Then we will have your confirmation. It's possible they are adding in Movie Plex as it is SD. But at this time it does not appear to be, it is in the Platinum pack.

Encore

I called a CSR, and chatted. Phone CSR said 377 is included, but said it has always been. (not) Chat CSR said channel 340 to 347..... I guess someone new will have to sign up and see what they get. I have always had Encore but now have Starz for free, so I would have it now without the pack.

Well, this is very interesting. Will it depend on when you sign up? We had Encore Movie Pack before it was advertised on the site after MoviePlex was added as a channel to Dish and get Channels 341-346 and 377.

We are getting Encore HD (340) and the Starz channels since we have Starz free for a year.

Dish Platinum is also interesting because not only Encore Mystery and MoviePlex are included but Starz Cinema as well.

Mojo Jojo said:
Well, this is very interesting. Will it depend on when you sign up? We had Encore Movie Pack before it was advertised on the site after MoviePlex was added as a channel to Dish and get Channels 341-346 and 377.

We are getting Encore HD (340) and the Starz channels since we have Starz free for a year.

Dish Platinum is also interesting because not only Encore Mystery and MoviePlex are included but Starz Cinema as well.

I'm with you. I get 341-346 and Movie Plex on 377. No Encore or Wam. I haven't subscribed since it was first offered but have had it for about 3 years. I'd like to see them add Indie or Retro.

I'm with you. I get 341-346 and Movie Plex on 377. No Encore or Wam. I haven't subscribed since it was first offered but have had it for about 3 years. I'd like to see them add Indie or Retro.

IndiePlex and RetroPlex would be some great adds if they keep the price the same. :)

Thanks for that update about AT 250, was just wondering. I've been subbing to Encore through AT 250 for a couple of years now. With HD, I get 340-347 (Encore East is HD only, and Encore West along with the rest including WAM is all SD only). Movieplex in my opinion isn't worth having as an add on, as it's only a channel that replays a different Encore channel's line-up an hour behind (excluding the main Encore channel). I'm shocked that they offer it, because around my area only Comcast offers it, and that's because Encore Drama and Encore WAM were dropped from the line-up to fit Indieplex and Retroplex.

Thanks for that update about AT 250, was just wondering. I've been subbing to Encore through AT 250 for a couple of years now. With HD, I get 340-347 (Encore East is HD only, and Encore West along with the rest including WAM is all SD only). Movieplex in my opinion isn't worth having as an add on, as it's only a channel that replays a different Encore channel's line-up an hour behind (excluding the main Encore channel). I'm shocked that they offer it, because around my area only Comcast offers it, and that's because Encore Drama and Encore WAM were dropped from the line-up to fit Indieplex and Retroplex.

It seems that Starz (Starz/Encore/MoviePlex) and Dish have a good relationship. We actually subbed at first to AT250 for the Encores, Boomerang, and Chiller (which seems to have gone downhill although it seemed to have a promising start). We switched from D* since they did not have a package with Encores at the time. We even complained to them about it; unfortunately, they were a little too late in adding a new comparable package with them. The west feeds of The Movie Channel seemed like a good deal as well, but we found ourselves watching more of Encore than The Movie Channel. I am not sure why MoviePlex is placed in AT250; it is also in the Platinum package and Encore Movie Pack. I think that maybe it would have fit well in AT200 to give those subs an idea of what they could expect on Encore and possibly upgrade their package to AT250. Who knows? Maybe they know something that I do not about channel placement(s)...What does make me sad is how they have errors on the site or forget to list channels in packs...I think that is one con to Dish in terms of gaining new customers and possibly not retaining others...I mean do not get me wrong I like Dish, but errors need to be fixed on the site.

"I think that maybe it would have fit well in AT200" Though we don't know what the agreement is to carry it, your idea is a good one!

I read a recent article where Time Warner in one of their local systems is no longer offering the Encore channels as part of a cable tier but a premium tier. The article inferred that this was a change instituted by Liberty Media (owners of Encore, Starz, and DirecTV). Considering the cited change regarding Dish, it seems that Liberty Media is no longer interested in offering Encore as a cable tier service (such as TCM, IFC, Fox Movie Channel, etc), and, instead, will now offer it only as a premium channel, at least when the contracts come up for renewal, to ALL MVPD's.

This is rather sad as the Encore Channels did represent a real value and, as of lately, began running much more recent movies, along with some old TV series with NO commercials. Oh, well, these great values never seem to last forever.

They already are, and have been marketed exactly that way on DISH. They are available as part of the highest package (250/AEP) and are sold separately. Some channels are also available as part of another add on package, Platinum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)