End DISH Commitment Early?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
msgph said:
The DHP form from DISH says $240. However, the Programming Commitment Form from the dealer states an ungodly amount. The contract states, "By signing this agreement, I acknowldge that in the event...or do anything with my account at DISH Network that causes a chargeback...$750 additional will be charged for a 3 receiver system." So in other words, $990 to cancel today. Not a real option :)
QUOTE]

The line that causes a chargeback is the key for the higher amount. As was stated earlier, the dealer shouldn't be charged back after 180 days.
So it still might be an option.

mkm4 said:
msgph said:
The line that causes a chargeback is the key for the higher amount. As was stated earlier, the dealer shouldn't be charged back after 180 days.
So it still might be an option.
The retailer will be charged back his activation, installation, and other incentive payments if a DHP subscriber defaults on the 12 month commitment. The honorable thing to do is to just downgrade to AT60, then deactivate and return the equipment you choose to give up after your year is up.

JohnDoe#2 said:
The retailer will be charged back his activation, installation, and other incentive payments if a DHP subscriber defaults on the 12 month commitment. The honorable thing to do is to just downgrade to AT60, then deactivate and return the equipment you choose to give up after your year is up.

And that is exactly what I plan to do. Thanks everyone for their help, advice and ideas. It is appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts