End of an Era?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rbrothers

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
NE Texas
The "Morning Bridge" is reporting the "End of an Era" and saying BUD programming is coming to an end.

I emailed them:
As Mark Twain is reported to have remarked, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".

Please see the following links for the continuing saga of BUD programming in the USA.

http://www.programming-center.net/channelsjan4th

http://www.skyvision.com/pages/4DTV_letter.pdf

Regards,

Here's their contact info:
email us at subscriptions@mediabiz.com, or contact us: 1810 Platte St - Denver, CO 80202 • tel. 303-271-9960 • fax 303-271-9965

They are in Denver, CO I think dish owns them:rant:

No DISH does not own Mediabiz... But yes they are wrong.

Email them and let them know they are wrong and that your a satelliteguys member. :)

Thanks in part to you guys C band lives!

The "Morning Bridge" is reporting the "End of an Era" and saying BUD programming is coming to an end.

I emailed them:
As Mark Twain is reported to have remarked, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".

Please see the following links for the continuing saga of BUD programming in the USA.

http://www.programming-center.net/channelsjan4th

http://www.skyvision.com/pages/4DTV_letter.pdf

Regards,

Here's their contact info:
email us at subscriptions@mediabiz.com, or contact us: 1810 Platte St - Denver, CO 80202 • tel. 303-271-9960 • fax 303-271-9965

Your first link is incomplete. It should be: These are the Channels that will be available as of Jan 4th 2010

Thanks, sent them a letter also. Encouraged them to report the facts that big dish is still alive, subs are still available thru Skyvision and SRL. Also noted that misinformation by NPS and Dish providers is causing the uninformed consumer to idle systems that cost thousands of dollars.

Sent polite note including the following:

"I'm a C-band user, migrating to the W-5 systems as offered by the Comcast/HITS system, and continuing to enjoy C-band for what are known as "wild feeds." There is a website, whose users are more in touch with the issues that actually were part of the decision by Discovery to continue serving C-band subscribers! The site has polite, informed members, active in all parts of the satellite community.
Visit the site: satelliteguys.us and you'll get the "real" story.

Received note back quickly:

"Well, you're right ... we were thinking of the larger business but will certainly make note of your correction. Many thx for writing."

Evie

I'm not the best when in-print, much better on-microphone, but.....thought, "why not write!" We all are working hard to keep our options available, and misinformation is the worst enemy of continued C-band service as we have seen recently!

You would think a guy who writes for skyreport wouldn't be so clueless. Maybe he's in the wrong profession!:D
Aren't these the same guys who only counted "analog c band subs"? And not 4DTV subscrbers.

Sent polite note including the following:

"I'm a C-band user, migrating to the W-5 systems as offered by the Comcast/HITS system, and continuing to enjoy C-band for what are known as "wild feeds." There is a website, whose users are more in touch with the issues that actually were part of the decision by Discovery to continue serving C-band subscribers! The site has polite, informed members, active in all parts of the satellite community.
Visit the site: satelliteguys.us and you'll get the "real" story.

Received note back quickly:

"Well, you're right ... we were thinking of the larger business but will certainly make note of your correction. Many thx for writing."

Evie

I'm not the best when in-print, much better on-microphone, but.....thought, "why not write!" We all are working hard to keep our options available, and misinformation is the worst enemy of continued C-band service as we have seen recently!

Nice Work, Radio

Follow-up just came-in as posted in bold below... (Scott, I hope I don't give you too much work...you'll know who to recommend, or how to handle it....) I think it's GREAT that this site has become so well respected in the media industry.

"writing to Scott right now to try to get more info. My thanks to you!"

Unfortunately from their web site they are on holiday until the 3rd and at which time for me instead of sending emails I'm calling and will talk with the editor about their lack of reporting correctly. Thinking about it they've done this type reporting before when it came to the BUD and they may not be owned by dish but someone seems to have a vested interest in destroying it.
Forget the emails people and everyone should give them a call on Monday, they might get the point if a few hundred people call!

PS....make sure you ask for the EDITOR.

Sky Report (mediz biz) just conacted me thanks to your emails seeking the real story.

Once again you guys step up to the plate and hit it out of the park with your polite emails.

Thank you and happy new year!

Satellite Guys always one step ahead of Everyone Else. (Even when we do it with duck tape :D)

According to Skyreport Cband died along time ago. I remember them saying there was 20,000 subs left. Then the next year they would say cband lost 30,000 subs. :D
I really hope the channel owners didn't read their bogus reports. And based there decision on the reports , to remain or not to remain available to subscibers"?

they are working on it. :)

I hope your right but the editor (Evie Haskell) wrote this article back in July and I didn't care for all of her statement then and most likely she also wrote the current one knocking the BUD and if nothing else she approved of it being the editor. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to correct it!

MediaBiz

Since it only comes out once a day it wouldn't surprise me to see it come out tomorrow or Monday.

I know Evie and she means well, in fact I will be doing some writing for them at CES next week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts