Ending of pro sports games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

indyscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
Hello ,

have a question for current Direct TV subscribers of RSN's that don't subscribe to the professional sports packages.

On dish network, if a game is stated to go from lets say 7pm-930pm at 930pm the screen comes back on and if the game is still going you get to watch the rest of the game. This is cool because you get to see 8th, 9th innings of some games sometime and last few minutes of basketball, hockey etc. I had direct tv several years ago and that same game would stay blacked out until its completion meaning if it ram past 930pm still wouldn't get that bonus coverage.

The question is is that still what happens on the RSN's or do they switch the channel at 930pm so you can see the tail end of the game?

Thank you for your thoughts.

DirecTV does the switch manually at the end of a game from requiring the Sports Package such as MLB/NHL/NBA back to requiring the RSN Sports pack. So to see post-game you need both. To see just the last inning, it won't be like on Dish Network.

I think it is good that they manage it this way - far less errors.

I prefer the Dish method. At least you get to see a little something that is otherwise blacked out.

I prefer the Dish method. At least you get to see a little something that is otherwise blacked out.

Thanks guys for your input. I totally agree, Dish is way better in that respect of at least sometimes getting to see the tail end of a game that ran over. Just got to decide how much that is worth in the over all scheme of things.

DirecTV does the switch manually at the end of a game from requiring the Sports Package such as MLB/NHL/NBA back to requiring the RSN Sports pack. So to see post-game you need both. To see just the last inning, it won't be like on Dish Network.

I think it is good that they manage it this way - far less errors.

I agree; they do the best job - and I have never had anything cut-off before the end of the game because of my service provider. Sometime however a network may have to go away because of contractual reasons and the is nothing that can be done about that.

Really a non-issue. Just a mistake that allows the E* subs to see the end of these games. I am shocked that this has been allowed to go on but hey, all the power to ya! I do get the sports pack and the MLB EI so it wouldn't affect me but, I guess for some of you out there that don't or well,,,,can't, getting the end of some of these games would be nice. Wouldn't set my schedule to it though.

However, DirecTV is technically "correct" - considering being blacked out means you're not supposed to be able to watch it. :)
Yes, and that's an outrage. There are far too many blacked out games. Those greedy sports networks are making money hand over fist already but they still want more, thus the blackouts.

Blackouts are per the league rules, nothing to do with the provider or the individual channels. The leagues sell the season packages for out of market subscribers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts