Enjoy Transformers on HD-DVD, Bay says no Transformers 2! Thank you Paramount!

I personally could care less what Micheal Bay has to say. Other than Transformers, I haven't really liked a single film he's credited with. And with Transformers there were scenes that were signature Bay that I could care less for. Maybe a part 2 without Bay wouldn't be a bad thing.

That being said, I will buy Transformers on HD-DVD when it comes out.

I personally could care less what Micheal Bay has to say. Other than Transformers, I haven't really liked a single film he's credited with. And with Transformers there were scenes that were signature Bay that I could care less for. Maybe a part 2 without Bay wouldn't be a bad thing.

That being said, I will buy Transformers on HD-DVD when it comes out.

I would have to agree. The scene in the parents house was just stupid.

Taken from his blog: shoot for the edit ~ View topic - Paramount pisses me off!

Paramount pisses me off!
I want people to see my movies in the best formats possible. For them to deny people who have Blu-ray sucks! They were progressive by having two formats. No Transformers 2 for me!

Bay

Service Temporarily Unavailable

Any other sources for Bay's alleged " No Blu-ray! Bah!No Transfromers 2!" rant?

That whole site seems to have been taken down.

:rolleyes:

I got in and read a few pages, then got the Unavailable.

Mr. Bey should worry about shooting for the Big Screen and not worry what format the movie will be carried in after it is no longer on the big screen.

EngadgetHD has the story, but it looks like this made the rounds fast & crashed Bay's site.

I don't hold Bay up high in the ranks, but I did thoroughly enjoy Transformers and was looking forward to a sequel. You can not deny however that he brings in huge $. Having him walk away from a sequel is a huge blow to Paramount.

I wonder if any more Hollywood heavyweights will draw a line in the sand over this issue.

EngadgetHD has the story, but it looks like this made the rounds fast & crashed Bay's site.

I don't hold Bay up high in the ranks, but I did thoroughly enjoy Transformers and was looking forward to a sequel. You can not deny however that he brings in huge $. Having him walk away from a sequel is a huge blow to Paramount.

I wonder if any more Hollywood heavyweights will draw a line in the sand over this issue.

Yes, I saw a link on AVS to endgadget picking up the blog.

IF Bay really wrote that, he's more of an idiot than I gave him credit for. For a few hundred thousand copies of his movie that would have sold on BD, he's going to say Screw You! to the millions who would have seen it in theaters or bought the DVD? Nice.

But, in checking IMDB, I see not even a rumor of Transformers 2, and Bay seems booked up through 2010 -
Producer:
Untitled Friday the 13th Sequel (2009) (in production) (producer)
2012: The War for Souls (2010) (pre-production) (producer)
The Birds (2009) (pre-production) (producer)
The Horsemen (2007) (post-production) (producer)
Transformers (2007) (executive producer)

Director:
2012: The War for Souls (2010) (pre-production)
Transformers (2007)

So far, Transformer has grossed over $660 million. With cash lioke that, a sequel is inevitable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)