Enjoying FTA after Heart Attack

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hospital (insurance paid) bills are trickling in...

Ten minute ambulance ride ... $1,500
Room & board, one day ICU, plus 2 visits to cathlab with all the trimmings... $43,000

Waiting for the doctor's bill... :)

Now, what do you suppose is worth more, the prevention or the cure?

FTA content: Now routing cable from the LNB to the bedroom.
Verified that the new receiver (older CS5000) can blind scan and memorize settings.
Original embedded S/W and H/W is previous (older) version, but I don't care, it works. Hope to have it installed by this weekend. :D

FIZBE, this is my first posting, other than my initial "sign-in". Just a bit over two years ago, I went for a check-up on a promise to my sister-in-law. The cardiologist suggested I quit tobacco products (smoked a pipe for 20+ years). Well, I quit and two weeks later he had me opened up & performed quadruple by-pass! I had 5 blockages, but two were covered with one bypass. Just to let you know - I too had problems getting warm for about 5 or 6 months. You never feel the same again, I guess, but have fairly normal days now that my medication is somewhat leveled out.

Many good wishes your way -- don't take chances, and don't "deny" - like I did, the Doc said I wouldn't have survived another 12 months....

Best wishes.......Bill

Geeez... Fizbi, with bills like that, you could relapse or worse, have another heart attack..! I know I would..! Glad you're getting better, you must be if you're routing cable from the LNB to the bedroom. Hope you get it going by this weekend, there's plenty to enjoy up there, and this weekend will be filled with College Football. If you like College Football, you're really going to enjoy FTA...!!!!
Good Luck on your Install...!!

Hospital (insurance paid) bills are trickling in...

Ten minute ambulance ride ... $1,500
Room & board, one day ICU, plus 2 visits to cathlab with all the trimmings... $43,000

Waiting for the doctor's bill... :)

Now, what do you suppose is worth more, the prevention or the cure?

My hospital bill is a bit over $75,000, plus 5 doctors bills beside the heart doctor, three of those gave me discount excepted the liver doctor, 5 minute visit charged me $450 while me still in hospital. the heart doctor did not charge me anything while he came check on me everyday at hospital. He really want me to have the heart calth, but this will cost another $40,000 plus from hospital, thats why I have this a hold, anyway, the heart doctor really good and always discount on my regular check up.

Started therapy today.

The plan is to have me walk while wired up to EKG and computer.
They take my blood pressure before, during, and after the workout.

I guess they are starting a base line and will slowly ratchet up the workout.
So far, so good.

The high fiber diet I'm on isn't too bad. It's amazing how well they can add different flavors to cardboard. :D

FTA content: Too windy to add new coax for second receiver. Will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts