Enquiry: prof & skystar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

oss_tv

Original poster
May 10, 2013
egypt
hi

:)

I want to buy DVB s2 card (USB - HD )
What would you recommend ( in general ) ?
- Prof Revolution DVB-S2 7500 USB
- skystar USB HD

In terms of
- Sensitivity
- Problems of drivers
- Response
- viewer Programs well-supported EX ( dream-prog-viewer )

thank you

I've been very happy with my Prof 7500 USB and works excellent with Windows 7 and Blindscan.

Works perfect with TSreader pro, TransEdit and DVB Dream.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Owned a Prof 7500 for several years. No issues other than needing a larger power supply. The current rating on the included adapter is often exceeded with switches, LNBs, etc.

Recently sold, but still have the PCI version the 7301.

If it has to be USB then you really cant go wrong with the Prof 7500, its an excellent little card. Ive had mine for quite awhile now and Im not getting rid of it any time soon thats for sure.

Both are pretty much the same chipset.

Prof 7500 is stb6100/stv0903
Skystar HD USB is stb6110/stv0903

Are you using Linux or Windows? I dont use windows so I cant comment on it, but there is excellent support for the Prof in Linux and it appears there is as well for the Skystar but havent personally used that model. Ive used the Skystar 2 express HD pcie in Linux and with my v4l tree it works very well, and is a similar price.

UDL

I bought SatelliteAV's Prof 7500 and I really like it. It did need the larger power supply it couldn't handle my motor and switch without it. Blindscan works great!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thank you guys

I owned power supply 850 w on pc Is this enough ?
and what about his work on laptop ?
i owned Fixed dish with 5 lnb
and what about of prof driver wdm or bda. I ask this question because I read many topics talk about satellite cards does not work well unless working by wdm driver.

sorry for your english:)

Last edited:
I'm looking for a usb one for my laptop so when I go to the very few friends I have with a bud I can drag it along and use it on there pc or on my laptop. I am looking close at the prof right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)