Enter to Win: Sponsors Super Satellite Sampler System - Contest Ends 2.28.2010

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks to all for a great contest! I became interested in FTA when my monthly small dish bill went from, IIRC, $19.00 in '98 to over $50.00 in '05. I had sent for a catalog of C Band parts to replace an actuator arm, and as I was looking at all that was offered, I came upon a page of sat receivers that I had never seen before. It was then that I knew that I would be going in a new direction, and I have never regretted it. With the loss of my job coming in a matter of weeks, the television viewing choices that we have are not going to be affected in any way.

I tell friends, co-workers and acquaintances about FTA all the time. For some reason they are hesitant though. I have a feeling that some may think its illegal even though I describe why it is not.

Its no secret that the economy is in dire straits. People have less discretionary funds these days for paid services. I explain how an OTA antenna and a FTA satellite dish can provide enough TV and RADIO entertainment for most people.

As part of my ongoing "Random Acts of Kindness" Philosophy I try to seek out new and used equipment and "hook people up." Some want religious programming, some want RTN, some just want an additional PBS channel or two like a fixed 125W solution. Whatever the need, I can usually do a pretty good job at pointing them in the right direction. And I always recommend the sponsors here.

Recently I set up an elderly gentleman that was referred to me by a friend. He wanted to know if there was any Lithuanian television on FTA. He was happy with getting the one channel available on 97W.

I wouldn't know any of this if it wasn't for Satellite Guys. Thanks to all that made this possible for me and thanks got this AWESOME contest. If I am the winner I'll be sure to put all the parts to good use.

Friend at work mentioned FTA, so I research it on the net. I was looking for a little more choice than OTA. Had D*, *TV and Charter cable and was not happy with the service with any of them. I like to be a little more in control, not them. Ordered a receiver and a couple lnbf, mounted on a superdish, and now I'm hooked. Now I have a 1.2m GeoSatpro dish, with invacom quad, with motor, and now looking to upgrade to HD.

I got interested in FTA when I realized my $34.99 mid-90s DirecTV bill was north of $80 and climbing.

Also, I enjoy the hunt for information, hooking up the equipment and trying to tweak the setup to maximize the Q and number of channels.

What would or rather what have I told friends about FTA. It's a wonderful hobby, relatively inexpensive to start up. It's always exciting to find something new out there, does not require driving around to find a certain place as does fishing, ball playing, hiking, boating or other numerous hobbies which always require time consuming or money consuming aspects of life. You can set it up in your shop or home. If your better half is not interested you can set it up in any outbuilding or shop only requiring electricity. It can be done at your leisure and you definitely inter an complete new vocabulary and challenging areas. It never gets old, there's always something new to try. I definitely would like to try C-band on a 1.2 meter dish. It challenging to install a motorized dish and fun and very rewarding.

Jim

Back around 1983, I saw my first B.U.D. in action at a local establishment. Was amazed on how many truly free channels there were back then. I saved up my money and bought my first B.U.D. in 1985 and after reading book after book, I was able to install it myself. Been a fanatic ever since. It was sure nice to have hundreds of free channels back then. Still have hundreds of freebies, just different sort of freebies. Now, it's just fun to scan the arc and find newsfeeds, a few sporting events and of course RTN.

I had heard about it but never paid attention to anyone that spoke about it until I got tired of of this companies out there legally stealing our money for lots of channels that no one in my house watched.

What I would tell others is that there are lots of options out there in space for us to watch, besides it is an awesome hobbie that keeps you sfe at home and that way the wife won't complaint about you not being home because you are out with your buddies. ;-)

What a great contest! I became interested in FTA from spending too much time reading posts on SatelliteGuys.us while I was supposed to be working. :)

- Paul

WHAT GOT ME INTERESTED

What got me interested in getting my first FTA system was that I got tired of paying absurd cable rates. I also have an interest in electronics and gadgets which drew my interest into FTA. Above all, I just like watching tv and when I first got my system it was 123W where I enjoyed most of my programming.

WOW What a setup. I got started in fta thanks to this great site after my sister in law gave me an 18 inch off her house knowing my intrest in short wave radio and scanners. So I started doing research to see what I could pick up it and the rest is history much to my wife's dismay.

I got interested by reading about satellite FTA on the internet.

I would tell a friend that FTA is FREE! FREE! FREE! No subscriptions!

_

I got interested in FTA because I wanted to watch 3ABN. I have told many people about 3ABN and installed so many systems for them that I have lost count.

So, no one has won this beast yet?

Any how, what got me intrested in purchasing my first Free to Air setup was all the wild news feeds out there. There was like seeing the whole story and not the tidbits you see on the news. You saw the action live and directly into your living room! It was very cool! Thus I learned how to set one up and purchased my first system. I have been hooked ever sense.

What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?

Wow! What a great prize!!!

About 10 years ago a co-worker asked me to help him move his BUD to his new home. I got a quick demo of his 4DTV 920 system. Shortly after I found a couple 7.5 foot mesh dishes free for the taking and I was hooked. I acquired a 4DTV 920 and a 922 receiver and proceeded to read everything I could find online. My online searches turned up info on FTA and 4 or 5 years ago I added a Fortec Star Ultra to the mix. I added a Pansat 9000 a couple years ago for HD and S2 signals.

I would like to thank WS International and Satellite AV for supporting SatelliteGuys. I would also like to say thanks to all of the helpful members at this site for all of their support.

Well God has been good to me lately so it is time for me to enter.

I got interested in FTA back in the 80's when my Dad bought a used 10 footer from a lady. I remember the lady was on oxygen and smoking at the same time. I don't remember how much Dad paid for it but we helped each other on how to set it up. We put in enough cement to last through several natural disasters. He bought a package including the Denver 5. After playing with it for awhile I was more interested in the FTA side of things. He even started to ask me to find his basketball games for him. I remember one time he commented on how clear the analog picture was. Ahh the good old days.

Thank you to SatelliteAV and WS International for this excellent contest!

I got started with FTA when the wild feeds started leaving 4Dtv, I mentioned it to a vendor and they told me about DVB and FTA, I bought my first box and I love it more then the 4Dtv.

I tell me friends and family about all the channels I watch from all over the country, and how great it is, then I show them my system and offer to help them if they want.

I also want to say thanks to the members here, and their help, and the sponsers for helping to keep it alive, by it I mean FTA and this site.

Terry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)