EPG on Cuban Mux on Hispasat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
Hi Guys and Girls, Long Time no See !, I had to move and left my C/Ku Band setup behind so now I am thinking on building a new one again so I guess I am back on this site. I noticed the cuban channels added them all in MPEG4 and with EPG now (they are all duplicated now , 8 as MPEG2 and 8 as MPEG4) but on my receivers the EPG is off by 4 hours, actually the time on the stream appears to be off by exactly 4 hours and 10 minutes as if the mux is sending the local cuban time -0400 instead of UTC time?. Is that what it really is?, is there any work around other than setting the time as manual time on the receivers?. I think out of 8 channels (only the ones on MPEG4 have EPG) only 2 have full 7 days EPG and the rest seem to have either 3 or 4 days only. Is it my 2 receivers or you guys have the same issue with the EPG and the time stamp on the stream?. I am using same old AzBox Premium + as before. Can someone with TSReader or some other software or tool confirm the time stamp issue and recommend a solution?. Thanks in advance !.

Works the same on my AZBox Ultra, if you allow the time to be set by the transponder (which, as you say, is off by 4 hours and 10 minutes). If you change the time to be set by the internet, then there are no problems with the EPG.

Thanks Keith Brannen !, I will set the time to use the internet ntp time servers then !.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)