EPG problem on PR local channels via antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jim69

Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
PR
I just installed a local antenna and hooked it to my Dish receiver VIP 722.

I scanned the local channels and received the 26.1, 26.2 and 26.3.

I wanted to to receive 26.1 (ABC HD) to drop channel 73 (ABD HD Chicago via All American Direct) and save $5/month... so I'm happy now that I get it.

BUT, I have a problem now... the EPG only says Digital Service and I use a lot the DVR, so I can't program the DVR to record certain tv programs I like on ABC.

I know I can program a manual timer for, let's say Thursdays @ 9pm to record Grey's Anatomy but the days that the episode last 2 hours the DVR will cut my record at the half of the episode.

Can anyone tell me how can I solve this problem, how can I get the EPG info for this local channel, so I can get rid of ABC HD Chicago and save my $5... I need it to pay the local taxes now on my Dish statement.

Thanks.

No problem... the channel I want to drop is ABC HD from Chicago via All American Direct...

I'll still have my ABC Puerto Rico (local) on channel 20...

Anyway, I tell you that I received on my antenna the channel 2 days ago.

I think that the problem is this...

-> the local channel via Dish (ABC on channel 20) is from Aguadilla, Puerto Rico... is not HD... the picture is not that good (same happens with CBS and NBC)

-> The ABC HD Puerto Rico that I receive on my local antenna is ABC from San Juan, Puerto Rico... is on channel 26.1... and the picture is perfect.

-> Do you think I'll ever get the EPG info for this channel if I don't receive it from Dish too? because it's ABC but another channel on another city really.

Let me know.

No problem... the channel I want to drop is ABC HD from Chicago via All American Direct...

I'll still have my ABC Puerto Rico (local) on channel 20...

Anyway, I tell you that I received on my antenna the channel 2 days ago.

I think that the problem is this...

-> the local channel via Dish (ABC on channel 20) is from Aguadilla, Puerto Rico... is not HD... the picture is not that good (same happens with CBS and NBC)

-> The ABC HD Puerto Rico that I receive on my local antenna is ABC from San Juan, Puerto Rico... is on channel 26.1... and the picture is perfect.

-> Do you think I'll ever get the EPG info for this channel if I don't receive it from Dish too? because it's ABC but another channel on another city really.

Let me know.

It's ths same ABC WPRU LP-from Aguadilla the tower for the HD station in the metro area is next to where I live at Bayamon next to garage Felo on route 167
Remeber that this a is Low Power Station it's not a Full Power station

I just installed a local antenna and hooked it to my Dish receiver VIP 722.

I scanned the local channels and received the 26.1, 26.2 and 26.3.

I wanted to to receive 26.1 (ABC HD) to drop channel 73 (ABD HD Chicago via All American Direct) and save $5/month... so I'm happy now that I get it.

BUT, I have a problem now... the EPG only says Digital Service and I use a lot the DVR, so I can't program the DVR to record certain tv programs I like on ABC.

I know I can program a manual timer for, let's say Thursdays @ 9pm to record Grey's Anatomy but the days that the episode last 2 hours the DVR will cut my record at the half of the episode.

Can anyone tell me how can I solve this problem, how can I get the EPG info for this local channel, so I can get rid of ABC HD Chicago and save my $5... I need it to pay the local taxes now on my Dish statement.

Thanks.

Unfortunately you can't , The problem is with the local stations ,they don't have epg on the encoders via ota.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)