EPG problem on PR local channels via antenna

jim69

Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
PR
I just installed a local antenna and hooked it to my Dish receiver VIP 722.

I scanned the local channels and received the 26.1, 26.2 and 26.3.

I wanted to to receive 26.1 (ABC HD) to drop channel 73 (ABD HD Chicago via All American Direct) and save $5/month... so I'm happy now that I get it.

BUT, I have a problem now... the EPG only says Digital Service and I use a lot the DVR, so I can't program the DVR to record certain tv programs I like on ABC.

I know I can program a manual timer for, let's say Thursdays @ 9pm to record Grey's Anatomy but the days that the episode last 2 hours the DVR will cut my record at the half of the episode.

Can anyone tell me how can I solve this problem, how can I get the EPG info for this local channel, so I can get rid of ABC HD Chicago and save my $5... I need it to pay the local taxes now on my Dish statement.

Thanks.

No problem... the channel I want to drop is ABC HD from Chicago via All American Direct...

I'll still have my ABC Puerto Rico (local) on channel 20...

Anyway, I tell you that I received on my antenna the channel 2 days ago.

I think that the problem is this...

-> the local channel via Dish (ABC on channel 20) is from Aguadilla, Puerto Rico... is not HD... the picture is not that good (same happens with CBS and NBC)

-> The ABC HD Puerto Rico that I receive on my local antenna is ABC from San Juan, Puerto Rico... is on channel 26.1... and the picture is perfect.

-> Do you think I'll ever get the EPG info for this channel if I don't receive it from Dish too? because it's ABC but another channel on another city really.

Let me know.

No problem... the channel I want to drop is ABC HD from Chicago via All American Direct...

I'll still have my ABC Puerto Rico (local) on channel 20...

Anyway, I tell you that I received on my antenna the channel 2 days ago.

I think that the problem is this...

-> the local channel via Dish (ABC on channel 20) is from Aguadilla, Puerto Rico... is not HD... the picture is not that good (same happens with CBS and NBC)

-> The ABC HD Puerto Rico that I receive on my local antenna is ABC from San Juan, Puerto Rico... is on channel 26.1... and the picture is perfect.

-> Do you think I'll ever get the EPG info for this channel if I don't receive it from Dish too? because it's ABC but another channel on another city really.

Let me know.

It's ths same ABC WPRU LP-from Aguadilla the tower for the HD station in the metro area is next to where I live at Bayamon next to garage Felo on route 167
Remeber that this a is Low Power Station it's not a Full Power station

I just installed a local antenna and hooked it to my Dish receiver VIP 722.

I scanned the local channels and received the 26.1, 26.2 and 26.3.

I wanted to to receive 26.1 (ABC HD) to drop channel 73 (ABD HD Chicago via All American Direct) and save $5/month... so I'm happy now that I get it.

BUT, I have a problem now... the EPG only says Digital Service and I use a lot the DVR, so I can't program the DVR to record certain tv programs I like on ABC.

I know I can program a manual timer for, let's say Thursdays @ 9pm to record Grey's Anatomy but the days that the episode last 2 hours the DVR will cut my record at the half of the episode.

Can anyone tell me how can I solve this problem, how can I get the EPG info for this local channel, so I can get rid of ABC HD Chicago and save my $5... I need it to pay the local taxes now on my Dish statement.

Thanks.

Unfortunately you can't , The problem is with the local stations ,they don't have epg on the encoders via ota.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts