EPG Screenshots

RogersGuy

Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Hey Everybody,

I'm doing some research on EPGs, and I'm looking for Time Warner screenshots. Can someone post some stills of their EPG? I need the default page, but any shots of interesting features that might make that EPG stand out over other systems would be helpful as well. It's for a presentation I'm putting together, so I would need screen captures, and not a digital camera pic of your tv if possible. I'm finding this kind of thing is virtually non-existent on the internet. Any help is appreciated!

Most all time warner systems run The Passport software, So i guess finding that may be easy. Some run SARA so it really depends on the TWC system you are in :)

Make sure you include in your presentation the new crappy Mystro software they are moving to as they are dumping Passport and SARA. It sucks right now, but I am hopeful some updates in the future could tweak its look and feel. Runs on the new cable card equipped OCAP boxes.

got mystro screenshots i will post for ya

edit: posted at 9:14 pm

Attachments

• SD530551.JPG
    SD530551.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 342
  • SD530545.JPG
    SD530545.JPG
    333.5 KB · Views: 291
  • SD530556.JPG
    SD530556.JPG
    332.4 KB · Views: 371
  • SD530569.JPG
    SD530569.JPG
    336 KB · Views: 366
  • SD530570.JPG
    SD530570.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 317
  • SD530571.JPG
    SD530571.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 345
Our area uses SARA. Nothing great, but it does give the "power and numeric" feature to power the box on, so I can create a discrete workaround for my universal remote.

Our area uses SARA. Nothing great, but it does give the "power and numeric" feature to power the box on, so I can create a discrete workaround for my universal remote.

What's that?

My only complaints with Time Warner is the horrible compression of certain HD and digital channels, and the horrible UI. Fix those and it would be great. I miss the days of crystal clear *gasp* analog channels. No naughty compression.

Pressing either the power key OR any numeric key will turn the box on. Therefore, when I need to create macros on my unviersal remote to automate the system, pressing 0-exit always turns the box on, and 0-exit-power always turns it off.

Never even realized that as a function of SARA. It is cool.

Pressing either the power key OR any numeric key will turn the box on. Therefore, when I need to create macros on my unviersal remote to automate the system, pressing 0-exit always turns the box on, and 0-exit-power always turns it off.

Many others report that the new Navigator software is crap. We have Sara which for the most part is fairly stable.

I used a Scientific Atlanta digital cable receiver that was just horrible. It failed to authenticate over HDMI many times, requiring me to reboot the box and cause the stupid twenty minute initialization sequence to begin.

It had the "Mystro" software -- and that annoying OCAP message...

I had the receiver replaced once with the same issues happening with the replacement. My other three HDMI devices (HDMI DVD Player (replaced by PS3), Laptop, and PC) have consistently authenticated fine to the TV. I know it's not the TV at fault.

The EPG on the receiver was decent, but cumbersome to navigate. It was not worth keeping for me; thankfully, my TV supports CableCARD. I do sometimes miss the EPG, but it certainly didn't "wow" me.